Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought some of my Spey Pages friends might like to know about an upcoming Two-hand casting tournament, to be held January 27-28th at Long Beach Casting Club.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
It should be a lot of fun.

file:///C:/Users/Jim's%20Laptop/Desktop/Scan0036.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yes, I'm signed up and practicing already!
Glad to hear the tournament will have the same rules as the Spey-O-Rama at the Golden Gate Casting club!

·
BULL DOG!!!!
Gaelforce
1,871 Posts
Looks a little shallow compared to SOR:wink2:
Should see some ridiculous distances under those circumstances :nerd:
Good luck to every one

·
Registered
280 Posts
Looks a little shallow compared to SOR:wink2:
Should see some ridiculous distances under those circumstances :nerd:
Good luck to every one
The pond is normally shallow.
But for the Spey tournament, water level will be up to about 2-3 feet so it will make for an interesting and realistic casting condition!

With that depth - waders will be needed unless the current weather temps in December (90 degrees) follows January in which case I'll wet wade.:wink2:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
LBCC: Two-hand tourney

The water depth will be 2 feet, not 3. (Similar to a lot of fishing situations).

LBCC wishes to thank the following vendors::smile2:
Poppy and Mrs. Red Shed will be there with plenty of goodies: Cane rods, Gaelforce products and a whole lot more;
Gene Oswald, Bruce & Walker, North America, will also be there with a full compliment of rods for folks to demo.
Marriott's Fly Shop, the premier shop in Southern Cal, and Hatch Reels are planning on having a presence, as well.

For those interested in polishing their spey casting skills, Tommy Arkvisla, (SOR champion, 2015), Gene Oswald and other competitors will be there to help on Friday and Saturday afternoon.

Hope to see you there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts