Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just spent a couple of week working with Rio Scandinavian Tri tip head system in both 8/9 and 10/11.
I must say that I was a bit skeptical about the built in compositor but that has go by the way side.
The line is excellent and when cast Side by Side with the Loop Adapted line on the same rod, same day and it run.
The Scandinavian let me get down to the same depth with a much lighter tip.
The tip cast extremely well and even with the heaviest tip I was not pledged by having to roll the tips up.
With 15ft of T-14 the line still cast extremely well,
It remained me of fishing with the Old Cortland 50’ Intermediate tip (and I might add one my best lines for Chinook fishing)

I used three rods
CND Skagit Caster13’8 for 9 wt.
Lami 12’9’ 6 Piece for 9 wt.
Lami 14’ 6 Piece for 10/11 wt.

Not done testing just love the new line.

Bring on the Chums

·
Registered
119 Posts
heads

Just want to no if you where using all 44 feet or where you cutting back the head. And where you leaving the head length alone when you where using the T14 there about a 50 grains difference between T14 and a 9wt 15 foot rio sink tip. And also your comments about the cnd 13'8" skagit. Thanks Jim

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim

RIO Scandinavian Shooting Heads Skagit type head which is 29 ft long with a loop for 15 ft sink Tips
First I cut both of the lines back on foot this is my own quirk as I wanted to us a custom 50 lb. loop to hook to my running line.
I have been using T-14 in various lengths starting at 15 ft and will be working with a super head of 20 ft this coming weekend.
In all honestly I am just seeing how line performs I dought for the water that I cast I rarely need to use much more that 7 to 10 ft to t-14.

The CND 1389SS the Skagit Caster
I have nothing but good to say so far but I am a long ways from finish my testing of the rod having only about 15 hrs on it.

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts