Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running into problems obtaining the hooks that I prefer to use when fishing tubes. Currently I have been using a loop double hook when tube fishing and I am wondering what other hooks are out that the some of you are using? :confused:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Crome, the loop double is a grand hook for tubes,

but (and a blank mind here, but Mark B's sells them through his shop) are a short shank ring eye #4 that's an absolute hypo needle. Great 'single' for tubes; you won't miss any fish with these and they're cheaper than dirt.
fae

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
ChromeFever, I like the Kamasan singles, #B982 in size #2, 4, and 6.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Tiemco 105 in a size 4 is the most popular tube fly hook around here. Mark's website has them. I like this hook because it's cheap, it's as sharp as any hook I've seen, and it's lightweight. The Daiichi X510 is very similar but it's heavier wire. Partridge makes a bunch of hooks too but they're hard to get. Remember, shorter shank hooks hold on better!

·
Registered
10 Posts
tube hooks

Have you tried either the Gammas or the Owner Octopus style hooks? I've found that the size 1 have plenty of holding power and are easy to find. The Gammas are now in both barbless and barbed hooks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts