Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering what everybody is using for tube boxes? Are you storing them in foam boxes with hooks attached (as I do)? Or is there a better way?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Jack has a really nice box offered at the Irish Angler. I bought one and think it works great. Take a look at his web site and you'll see the one I mention. Only other recommendation I would have is to check out a similar size Plano type box.
Chris

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Cheap Plano

with the tubes in a section of large clear plastic straw and the hooks separate, is what I have been using. The slight compression of the tube allows for more in a compartment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tube Boxes

I have just completed the deisgn of a new tube box that will be offered to the market soon. The box is being shown at the Fly Fishing Retail Show in Denver this week. Both Dana and Kush have seen and tested the box. This new tube box is constructed with a floatable foam outer shell with rows of bars which flip out for access to the flies. The pin bars have stainless steel pins and are available in two sizes to accomodate most flies. We feel this box is the best on the market. We think that it solves the needs of tube fisherman so well, we patented it.

All those interested, I can send you more information and product availability. Send me an email, I will forward you some information. Also watch the banner ADs on the Spey Clave Forum for future information on this new box. Send inquiries to: [email protected].

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tube Box

C&F Design makes a neat little tube fly variation of their standard size box. It has a transparent cover over all the compartments and foam slits in the lid for the hooks. Their US importer doesn't make it available to us, so I ordered mine from a large tackle store in Glasgow.

·
Registered
926 Posts
2-hander said:
C&F Design makes a neat little tube fly variation of their standard size box. It has a transparent cover over all the compartments and foam slits in the lid for the hooks. Their US importer doesn't make it available to us, so I ordered mine from a large tackle store in Glasgow.
You might be referring to C&F's box (CF1306) which is available from Worley Bugger. It works beautifully for my small tube flies.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The box that Whipfinish refers to is an excellent concept. It is exactly the the kind of box I am looking for. I can't wait to see the new ones at Denver. Everyone I have shown mine to thinks it is great. The sample I have is a little too big for my vest, so when there is a slightly smaller one I will be getting at least a couple.

After Denver I try to put a review together, with some photos.

·
Waiting for the grab...
340 Posts
Tube Box

Jamey, I believe Wheatley makes a tube fly box also...too bad we are not fishing today with all the rain we got yesterday!!! :saeek:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
I stock the Wheatley tube boxes. The boxes that Jack has are look pretty cool and the boxes that Kush mentions have me excited. I hope to have some in stock soon and one for myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tube Box

Kush, Thanks for the endorsement! As soon as we get this first box up and running, We will be working on the version that will fit your vest. You will be the first one to test a sample. Thanks again!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Whipfinish
How about posting a photo of your box? - it sounds like an improvement over most of what I have seen. Is it waterproof? if not can I suggest you try and incorporate an O-ring.
speydoc

·
Registered
5 Posts
This box is not fully waterproof. The people that have seen it and used it like it a great deal. The box accomodates 1mm and 1.5 mm interchangeable pin bars. The bars flip out for fly access. When my day of fishing is done, I open the box, flip all the bars up so the flies can dry. This box will be available in a local fly shops and on the callibaetis site within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
The cool thing is that when you want to select a fly you rotate the bar and they stick up so you don't have to worry about separating them from your other flies. This clean and easy selection process is so much easier than dealing with a handful of tubes coming out of a bin-type box.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Whipfinish
Thanks for posting the pics - very cool.
I look foward to getting them from your site in the near future.
speydoc

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
Ingenious!! I want one. Please tell me that they are not sold only in lime green chiffon :razz:

·
Here we go again!
620 Posts
sean said:
Are they total salt proof? I like the green. Thye go with my speedos when I wet wade.

-sean

Ouch, bad visual there :hihi:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts