Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tie lots of trout spey flies on Pro Sportfisher tubes, because they’re really flexible in terms of weight options, hook guides, etc. Here is a simple baitfish pattern with a wing of tented saddles over craft fur and then whatever you want for a slightly denser head - dubbing loop of fur (fox, possum, etc.) fronted by a wrapped feather (hen saddle, CDL, mallard, etc.) works well for a little water deflection up front. My favorite tube hook is Ahrex Light Stinger, which helps keels the fly and really holds fish well. Bring on SPRING!!!
EE918BAA-204A-495B-8C5E-98DB80BB42CE.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
I tie lots of trout spey flies on Pro Sportfisher tubes, because they’re really flexible in terms of weight options, hook guides, etc. Here is a simple baitfish pattern with a wing of tented saddles over craft fur and then whatever you want for a slightly denser head - dubbing loop of fur (fox, possum, etc.) fronted by a wrapped feather (hen saddle, CDL, mallard, etc.) works well for a little water deflection up front. My favorite tube hook is Ahrex Light Stinger, which helps keels the fly and really holds fish well. Bring on SPRING!!! View attachment 376913
I really like these! Well done

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
I tie lots of trout spey flies on Pro Sportfisher tubes, because they’re really flexible in terms of weight options, hook guides, etc. Here is a simple baitfish pattern with a wing of tented saddles over craft fur and then whatever you want for a slightly denser head - dubbing loop of fur (fox, possum, etc.) fronted by a wrapped feather (hen saddle, CDL, mallard, etc.) works well for a little water deflection up front. My favorite tube hook is Ahrex Light Stinger, which helps keels the fly and really holds fish well. Bring on SPRING!!! View attachment 376913
I’m going to try this!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like the color blends. So many of my streamer flies are also some blend of sculpin olive and ginger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts