Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Sorry......... I have been going trough the board on this subject and although most must have said on this...... I a m bit confused.

I am a strong believer of the Wulff TT Lines, for about all my fishing and I have seen a lot of spey casting enthousiast overher also like the TT Speylines.

I have the above rods, and would like to have TT recomendations for both.

The confusion is that smetime I read TT 7/8 or TT 8/9, but Wulff is selling them in 7, 8, 9, 10 etc.

Which lines in the current TT program for the 7136-4 Old Brown and
Which lines in the current TT program for the 9140-4 VPS

TIA for your help,

CU, Gerald.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't have either of these rods, but I use the TTs exclusively for my salmon/steelhead single handed rods. I know for the single handed lines use the first number — the old 8/9 line is now the TT8. I agree, they're terrific lines.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Line for 7136-4

Gerald,

I have used and like the 8/9TT on the old brown version of the 7136-4. This is the 70 foot version that weighs 532 grains for the head. I have also used the RIO 7/8 midspey which wieghs 560 grains. These would be RIO's B rating, slower deeper rod response.

Try to find someone near you who will let you try the line on your rod. Come to the Sandy Clave next weekend and try both the TT7 and TT8. Both should work with the 7 being crisper and the 8 slower. A lot depends on what you like.

·
just one more cast...
163 Posts
TT 8 and the 9140-4

I heartily agree with Ryan's opinion of the TT line with the old 9140-4. I was about to put my brown 9140-4 up for sale, as I had never really enjoyed casting this rod. But after reading some forum posts about this rod, I suspected I'd been overlining it with 9/10 lines. So I bought a TT8 (I guess Wulff has now gone to a single line weight designation) and hit the river a couple of weeks ago- Wow! I'm now in love with this old rod! Very sweet combination, in my opinion.

John

·
Registered
465 Posts
I use the TT 7/8 Spey (Now TT 7) on my old brown 7136-4. It's a good line for small wets and drys but kinda light for a larger fly. No problem as that's what this rod is intended for.

pescaphile

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the old 7136 and the TT 7\8 and only would describe it as OK, at least for my stroke. I was ready to sell it and one day I just decided to throw a SA Steelhead Mastery 8 on it and I had a hard time putting the rod down the rest of the season last summer. It is amazing the difference the line can make on rods.

JJ

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Shorten the Tip

Nate

You can shorten the tip on the TT to turn over heavier flys more reliable. Go slow. Do not take too much off at a time. I think you will like it a lot better when it is a little shorter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts