Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking to get me a copy of that Dec Hogan/Marty tying DVD. I tried looking on Poppy's site and noticed that it wasn't listed anymore.Is it still available? I'm Also interested in some opinions about Echo rods specifically i'm looking at getting a rod for multiple use 3-5 lb smallmouth,5-9 lb American Shad, 10-18 lb cohos,15-35 lb chinook. I don't use anything smaller than a 9 wt for the cohos,and kings and usually i catch 10-20 skamanias when I'm up for the Salmon River opener.i was hoping i could get a rod that will work all round .
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'd call Mike and see if he had it and if that fails call another shop that sponsors here and see if they have it. Should be in circulation.

I bought mine at the "store" here on speypages but that portion of the site isn't working right now.

Great DVD ... Well worth watching.

Not sure about the rod and I hate to offer an opinion because that is a huge range (smallies - 3 - 4 wt ... chinook 8 - 9 wt) and what would be fun on one rod would not be fun on the other end of the spectrum ... A compromise rod (7wt??) would be just that.

Steve

·
Fine and You
61 Posts
Love my two Dechos, Have one in 4wt and one in 8wt the 8 has worked great on the Salmon and also on the 4-5 pound smallies here in the river. Also played a little with it for pike NAte

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts