Spey Pages banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just sent these pictures today. Evidently there are at least 2 protos that will arrive from England later this month. Never touched them. Know little about them, only that they do exist! Will begin testing as soon as they arrive. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, here are most of the lines I've pulled off the shelf that will be ready for testing when they get here. Should be covered for everything from a 1wt to a small 6wt. with short heads (i.e commandos and my homemade floating and full-intermediate scandi shorts) to Aeroheads! Stay tuned, looks like we will be getting them on the water next week.

Attachments

·
Registered
525 Posts
I tried in vain to see the labels on the rods in the last photo. Looking forward to learning more...

Subscribed !

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, time for a quick update. The 11'4" trout speycaster is 3/4wt with a deep, relaxed, sexy flex and surprising power. Had success with scandis in the 240gn to 300gn range so far. A commando 250 also works well. Will be running more lines on it in the near future. Been waiting anxiously for a rod like this, think soft hackles and small to moderate size streamers. And, I'm pleased to report that a 12'-13' cutty can really bend it!!! Mine has already been ordered. And you guys looking for a big river, big trout rod......stay tuned

·
Hacker
591 Posts
OK, time for a quick update. The 11'4" trout speycaster is 3/4wt with a deep, relaxed, sexy flex and surprising power. Had success with scandis in the 240gn to 300gn range so far. A commando 250 also works well. Will be running more lines on it in the near future. Been waiting anxiously for a rod like this, think soft hackles and small to moderate size streamers. And, I'm pleased to report that a 12'-13' cutty can really bend it!!! Mine has already been ordered.
Anything more to add on these? I didn't go beyond wiggling them a few times at Poppy's clave. Have a wild hair for a new 2H for trout right in that range of grain weights.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does anyone know when these rods will be available to the public? I recently saw a photo of the 11'4" 3wt on Will Bush's IG account and it looks amazing.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kenobione,

They are available to the public now! I've been fishing the 11'4" all summer and my 12'6" 4/5 should be here before long. I've been getting updates from B&W (e.g. blank rolled, paint-grip-reel seat applied, etc.) over the past month. I put a few extra custom touches on mine that are taking a little longer but the anticipation is building. Will report at length when it gets here and I've had a chance to sling a few different lines. Rumor has it that a Nextcast WA35 - 330 ROCKS. Pictures of at least 2 of the 11'4" rods in the thread below, mine and Storybooks. Gene Oswald also has one in the demo fleet.

·
Hacker
591 Posts
I replied in the other thread, but I fished the 3wt all summer and it is an incredible rod. Easy to cast, but you can really get it out there if you want. I caught cutthroats 12-17" and it was a blast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts