Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to think there is enough interest here to add another forum to the Clave focused on fishing for trout (rather than steelies or salmon) with two handed rods. Granted, there are threads along these lines from time to time, but they tend to get lost in amongst all the other anadromous-oriented threads. And the new search function is nowhere near as user friendly as the old one was. It sure would be nice to have a separate place to park our trouty threads:)

What do you say administrators, would it be worth adding another forum to the Clave?

What do you say members, is there enough interest or is speying for trout still too limited an audience?

·
Registered
912 Posts
I'm dig'n it! You have my approval.

·
Internet Scientist
1,302 Posts
2handedtrout dot com

steelhead are big trout

small mouth bass are great on 2-handers

Just some comments...

·
Registered
78 Posts
That would be awesome! I just moved from Washington to NC and trying to find stuff on trout fishing with two handers is rough at times.

·
Registered
73 Posts
trout spey forum

Brookie I support that great idea,and ask the decision makers to consider it. I also wish there was more discussion on all the DH spey, skajit and scandi application for SH rods. I know how it has changed my fishing for trout with a SH rod. Some day I never make an overhand cast. For my location I will use both types of rods but see the great cross over advantage. Again Brookie a great Idea. Slack

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2handedtrout dot com

steelhead are big trout

small mouth bass are great on 2-handers
Middlecalf,
1 - I too enjoy Dave Henry's blog, but lately there is more on there about home brewing than there is about fishing :whoa: not that I don't like a good beer mind you :chuckle:
2 - Yes steelies are big trout, that's not the point though, my idea is to have a trout-centric spot on the Clave for people to post about fishing for the "common trout", like I mentioned the trout oriented threads get lost in the flood of steelie and salmon posts
3 - good point, let's have a warmwater spey forum on here too :D

·
Registered
301 Posts
David1123

I think its a great idea. In my part of the country, whenever I bring out my spey rod other fly fisherman watch me in awe.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'd love to see it, esp. with regard skagit style casting. I've explored the question on several forums but still not sure how to fish dry flies with a waterborne cast...or even if it can be done. But I'd like to.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I'm 'all in' for this idea.

I have trout speys down to a 2wt; that Puppy is a real 'wiggle worm' but a hoot to fish on the Bitterroot over in Montana.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts