Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might find this month's T&S magazine interesting, if you have access to it. There's an article about Alexander Grant, and also a comparative test of multi-tip Spey lines. Unfortunately I don't think it's available online.

·
Registered
200 Posts
In Canada it's available at Chapters.

·
Registered
20 Posts
June 2003 /15'

Generally speaking, I think T&S is well written & informative. That being said, I struggle with understanding the logic of June 2003 Article "Long Rods on the Test". The cover 'teaser' states that this "15-Footers on the Test"

The article awards the winner to a 16'/10 Sage. Out of 13 rods tested, this one was the only 16' rod. From a consistency perspective, why didn't they test a 15' Sage ? I am surprised that they didn't get letters over this one.

I am interested in the line article, I usually get the magazine about mid month. I hope they show more consistency.

It would be great if they would run an article on Spring Rods , perhaps they will read this note. It might be nice to compare some of he 16'+ rods on the market, CND(2), T&T (16'), B&W, Etc . The minimum opening bid would be 16' or greater.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On the whole I agree, GH, although there are a couple of factual errors and puzzling comments in the review (I'll leave you to spot them rather than spoil the article for you!). I think that their assessment of the lines is interesting, though, and somewhat different from the received wisdom here.

A review of 16'ers would be good. Trouble is that I think they rely on manufacturers to submit tackle samples for testing, so they don't always cover the full range in the market. I suppose that sending in a rod for testing is a much bigger deal for the small manufacturers than for the big boys like Sage, T&T & B&W. There are smaller UK rod producers like Carbotec, Harrison and Clan (all of whom make 16'+ rods) who never seem to get a mention.

And when are CND rods going to be made available in Europe, Juro? I keep reading these mouth-watering reviews, but can't get my hands on them!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts