Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Bougle 4 and I am unpleased with the drag adjust. The tensioner seems to not work at all. I have fished this one time and no drag is availiable. My friend has one and his works much better than mine.

Also, the handle is poorly crafted and there is a crack in the wood and it freezes up on me too.

This is my first hardy lemon. I Currently own 4. All have been great.

I also have the bougle in a 3" cenetary version and it's tensioner works fine.

1. Should I send it to hardy?
2. Sent it to Bill Archuletta?

I would like the tensioner fixed and if they can stregthen the springs anymore I would like that done.

Well? 1 or 2...

What's it going to be?

·
Registered
465 Posts
You can bend the spring (open them) to add a little more force on the pawl. This may get you a little more drag. You'll never get much drag out of these reels (or most Hardys), but it sounds like you have enough experience with Hardy reels to know this.

The ID on the handle of the early Mk IVs was undersized and would become snug on the handle spindle when the wood got wet and swelled. A replacemnt handle will fix this. Try to keep it from getting wet in the meantime.

Do NOT send and reel to Hardy USA is they're still run by Cortland!

Bill Archuleta does first-class work.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Jeff,

Is the reel brand new? Under warranty? If so send it to Hardy and make them fix the handle. As for heavier springs contact Archuleta.

William

1 - 3 of 3 Posts