Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious if anyone has travelled via air with a CO2 cartridge for vests / belts. Is this an issue with security subject to confiscation ?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dont think you can

UK airlines dont like them at all ,especially Ryanair ,but then Ryan air seems to hate me ,and the feelings mutual .

·
Registered
210 Posts
CO2 cartridges

I think the policy may depend on the airlines, but I've flown on American (4 times) and Delta with no problem with a vest using a CO2 crtridge for inflation. American even has a written policy that explicitly allows life vests and, I think, paintball guns, to be carried in checked luggage.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Andy --

Does Ryanair allow Lord whatshisbutt to carry shotshells with his matched pair of Holland and Holland side by sides?

All U.S. airlines allow ammunition carriage and many folks going hunting in Africa use British Airways, so BA must allow ammo carriage.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Ryanair web site

Andy-
Ryanair's web site states no firearms carried in baggage "for safety." No wonder you dislike the ba-----s.

Southwest Airlines in the US, after which Ryan has patterned itself, readily accepts firearms and ammuniton, and CO2 cartridges, as baggage.

Following is the Southwest Airlines CO2 cartridge policy from its web site:

"Self-inflating life vests or personal floatation devices equipped with a CO2 cylinder and one spare are allowed in checked baggage. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) prohibits them from being carried onboard."

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Bob, too much fun not to ask.

So, you can check your PFD and co-2 cart. with your luggage ... but what if you 'personal preference' in first class is a Single Malt and Soda?

I'd almost pay money to see the look on the Stew's face when someone asked for that.
:smokin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts