Spey Pages banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought and sold many items over the net, but never traded. A member and I have decided to do a trade. Any advice on the best way to go about this without getting burned? I know a certain level of trust is involved, just looking to see how some have done it in the past.

Thanks

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
If I were offering an item for sale and was approached to trade, I would expect the other party to send the item first, just like a cash payment.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
A few thoughts.

Have a very good idea what you have is 'worth' so you know (bench mark for a lack of better term) for what you'll accept in return (equal value). The other thing is the 'posters' history on this board. Or to put that another way, the 'quality of content' of the poster.

fae

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
If a person doesnt have good positive ebay feedback, even if not doing an ebay deal, that would be a red flag. Also I usually Primarily use paypal. If not using paypal on this site I would make sure I could go back through the persons posts to see if he has done some deals with no complaints.

As far as trading your biggest hindrance here is that you dont have tons of posts to double check. Maybe your a member of another forum where you've done deals that could be verified?

Now that thats out of the way, Whatcha got to trade?:hihi:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have traded many items with many people on this site and others. I have never been burned. Even when either party had an issue with something, it was handled in the perfect way. No issues ever with trading here. I also would not insist someone send an item first and when you get it, then send your item. Mutual trust is needed in trading situations. This forum has never let me down, I feel all participants are on the same level. Like a brotherhood. I hope it works out for you, as well as it does for me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have made a couple of trades and sales from this web site. If you have particular question talk to the other party on the phone. I think this helps allot before making the trade or purchase. I know I made a trade and sold a rod to some guys on the west coast and things seemed better after a phone call.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Like SPNY, I've only had positive experiences trading on this site. The folks I've dealt with, usually back and forth via PM working out the details, have been great to deal with.
Delivery times can vary a lot depending on the shipping options chosen and that should be discussed prior to a trade so that both items arrive in a timely fashion.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am new to this site, I may lack the 'cred' but have bought about 5 items without problem. Being new I have offered the reference of another guy from which I have bought a rod and reel in seperate transactions. I would not see it as disrespectful to ask for a reference or two......along with the other 'checks.'

·
Banned
571 Posts
I have bought and sold many items over the net, but never traded. A member and I have decided to do a trade. Any advice on the best way to go about this without getting burned? I know a certain level of trust is involved, just looking to see how some have done it in the past.

Thanks
If you are worried about being burned, use a mutually agreeable middleman who receives both items.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
If your worried..don't do it...Normally that's your gut telling you something is wrong..

That said, I have swapped with other members on here no problem..normally after I have bought or sold to them before and we have some history..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts