Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I've been fishing the Salmon hard for the last 6 weeks and have had a brutal early fall. It's been a really, really warm autumn and kept the water temps up. It finally started to cool but now we're looking at 80 degree weather for the weekend. We can't win!

How have other been doing on other GL tribs or the salmon? You guys been fishing really early AM or at dusk?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Only my experience here; ive been out 3 times.

Ive hoisted a few legit 20 lb fish out of the water for the first time in 4 years. Thats never been an issue for you guys, but a major one here. We dont have an ocean supplied baitfish population.

But the numbers are down pretty markedly. Still plenty to fish for, for sure. We had rains in the Lake M. tribs right when we needed them (mid sept.). Although we could use some again with the warm weather drying this out fast.

Like every year, I dont get heavily invested in anything until November 1. Anything prior to that is an early bonus.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've hooked up a couple times in SE Wisconsin. The flows have been great, but like speyday says November 1st it starts to heat up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts