Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would love to hear peoples opinions of their top 5 wish list destanations for a speyfishing trip. Right now mine would be:

Thompson B.C.-chromers
Mongolia-Taimen
Alta-Norway-elvis(THE kING)
Ponoi River Russia-elvis
Kamchatka Russia-elvis

:smokin:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
I would rather just stay home and fish the Clearwater!

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
You can't beat Minter Crick during the chum run! Actually a joke, but I too am just fine fishing my home waters. Too much $$$ for me and my addiction. However, my five favorite home waters are :

1. Skagit
2. Snoqualmie
3. North Fork Lewis
4. Merril Lake (not spey casting perse, however some really nice cutthroats on dries)
5. Purdy Spit for some nice saltwater spey action...kings, silvers, chums and cutthroat.

Vinnie

·
Steelhead are cool!
572 Posts
Skeena area
The Spey and other Scottish Salmon rivers.
Gaspe area
Thompson River B.C
Kola

·
Mr. Mom
625 Posts
I need to stay close to home due to family obligations, so for me the list would be:

Umpqua when I KNEW the fishing was hot and I could drop everything and bomb on down. So much beauty and variety of water. Sleek fish.

Skagit in the spring when I KNEW the fishing was hot and I could drop everything and spend a week. Just need to figure out a safe and reliable shuttle for my car.

Trinity in CA when I KNEW the fishing was hot and I could drop everything. I grew up on this river, and the fish there are some of the most aggressive you will find anywhere. A six weight 12.5ft spey and you are in heaven.

Not exotic, but when the fish are in, there's nowhere in the world where the fishing is better.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am really enjoying the River Tay this season. Ther is something wonderful about fishing a big river.

However, I would like to try Norway once I have less family committments and more cash!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts