Spey Pages banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if it is possible to have too many reels. This came up today when I mentioned to a fishing buddy that I had an offer in on a 3 3/4" Perfect but that I didn't think I would up the offer as I really didn't need another reel. He chastised me severely and pointed out that I have been drooling over the new Loop classics and also talking about ordering another Mohlin. "What did I mean that I didn't need another reel?" Well after thinking about it, I decided he was right that I probably do "need" another reel. Or maybe three. But that led to the question, can you ever have too many. After pondering this for a while, I don't think so. What say you all?

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
You can have enough rods, just not enough reels. Those loop classics really are nice but remember no spool change. So you need one for every line you have :saevilw:

-sean

·
Recently Spey'd
816 Posts
Can't have too many reels. It's almost like I choose based on what I feel like that day instead of line I need.:rolleyes:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
I really like the way Sparse thinks. Everyone needs more lines.

I have been getting ready to haul some demo tackle to MT for a little spey clave and I know I do not have enough reels. BUY THAT PERFECT!!!:smokin:

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Yes I need more reels. There is one more "special" one that I'm wanting to get my hands on before I need a felt soled walker.:lildevl:

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
I suppose it is possible that I might have too many already, but there's only one way to know for sure ...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Blasphemy

You should straight to church and confess your sin.............:eek:

Then on your way home buy that reel!:lildevl:

·
fly on little wing
1,136 Posts
hey tip,

you have too many reels.

you must overcome this sickness by first telling me details about the 3 3/4 perfect (location, year, shape, line guard, $, etc).

DO NOT INCREASE THE OFFER

i'm glad i could help.

Gary

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
If you can still remember the number of reels you own,,,,,it is not enough.

I have a four drawer clothing chest full and some reels in gear bags ready to travel.

Regards,
FK

·
Registered
43 Posts

Many too reels, reels many too...I've been trying to arrange these three words in a way that makes sense without success.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts