Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the T, to say im sad is an understatement, had a great time, plenty of fishing, got a good mix of jacks and hen rainbows about 4lb and the best brown of the trip is attached here abouts of approx 6-7lb.
Fished the Winston Microspey 4wt, 250gr opst commando head with either 10ft t8 or t11 with 30lb lazer shooting line, simply awesome rod, not undergunned on bigger trout and still fun on smaller ones, the brown in the pic smashed the fly, then dogged it out stubbornly like browns do.
I want to relocate.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
Tongariro

Where did you fish the most, above or below the State Highway Bridge......I wont tell anyone :wink2::hihi:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Many year back, fiddle it on trip to NZ.

Rod(s), reel, etc., in cheque on luggage, all off the plane.

The places to stay were to be B & B's; asked about full on, 'Dinner/packed lunch included, I'll pay extra.' WONDERFUL TIME, locals taking me to places I'd never 'guest.'

NZ, Local Pub, Bar tender: "He's a "fifty, drinks are on me, just beers."

Asked: Bartender: "I think he's a Canadian but lives in America."

Asked 'How's the fishing?' Sucked, "Where you staying and I'll pick you up at 045."

BONKERS DAY!!:surprise::x:saeek:

Edit: Two of their Daugther's lived with me as they went to University. Fight over was who was getting large fuzzy ball sleeping on their bed. 'Husky,' became a perm-resident.

fae

·
AJS Reels
421 Posts
Plenty of water

Where did you fish the most, above or below the State Highway Bridge......I wont tell anyone :wink2::hihi:
Have always favoured the waters above the Hydro Pool :smile2:

Good to see you got into some fresh run fish on your Winston, always nice using a new rod and feeling the tug :smokin: I heard the fish where on the smaller size so far? Didn't make it over in the end, couldn't get a leave pass:roll:

·
North Island NZ
1 Posts
Most of what I have seen have been healthy little fish in the 2 -3lb range AJS, same at the river mouths, not as big as last year. Although they are still chasing smelt in the lake. Main runs are yet to come.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you fish the most, above or below the State Highway Bridge......I wont tell anyone
Fished above ans below the highway bridge, fish in almost every pool i fished, im convinced they are in every pool, just have to give them what they want to eat at the right time ;)

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could do without the sandflies and nice bites they left me and my better half with, but small price to pay ultimately

1 - 7 of 7 Posts