Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked around and found enough variations to invite my own:
P2184355.jpg
Really just wanted to use LA & GP center tails in a wing - any wing. It was a real pain working it in though. It would split and collapse - everything except compress. After several useless attempts I resorted to tippets on the larger fly: A successful support for the second married wing after the first was mangled beyond use, :hihi:. Not wanting to waste materials, the mutilated slips went on the smaller hook - :hihi:!

Still - it was so painful I resorted to the vise for the wing on the little one...;) ;)

Hope you enjoyed - :) welcome to critique and comment.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Quality tying, cool hook choice! Amherst sucks to work with. The duck sides look like they curve up, i suggest switching it around so their natural curve goes down.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quality tying, cool hook choice! Amherst sucks to work with. The duck sides look like they curve up, i suggest switching it around so their natural curve goes down.
Thanks gentlemen,
Andrew - they are tied-in with the stem down and the roofing with stem up.

·
Administrator
19,208 Posts
Lovely tying Vic !!
It's my favorite wet fly pattern and definitely my favorite pattern to create variations with too :)

Mike

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,831 Posts
Stellar

Beautiful Work

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,307 Posts
Very very nice T&L's!

Just spotting the thread title brought back memories of last years T&L marathon thread. I still have a good supply but none like your's.

Ard

1 - 13 of 13 Posts