Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eat your heart out Juro!

Salar, Bougle, and the Carron Jetstream. Only thing that could make it any better is an early hardy perfect, working on it:smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Sean,

Very cool. The Carron line is an awesome combination with the Salar!

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I snuck out yesterday and got a chance to really work with the Carron. I am no expert but there is no comparison to this line out there. They are really easy casting lines.

Too bad they cost so much but I have heard that may change in the next year. Ian Gordon really deserves some attention for creating such a kick ass line.

If anyone is interested I am going to stop by Aarons in the morning and bring the line with me. If you have not cast one you really should.

-sean

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,393 Posts
I will testify that this is a special line. I want to try it on the Salr but I know it simply ROCKS on the 15' 10 Loop Yellow.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Visited Ian Gordon today to try and improve my casting technique with long belly lines. Tried one of his Jetstream line on my rod to compare it with my XLT. I have to say that for me the Jetstream beats the XLT hands down. It is the finest long belly line I have cast.

·
BULL DOG!!!!
1,792 Posts
Graham, just wondering if it was the older jetstream line @77-80ft or the new line that he developed for the Musto competition?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Tried the standard line and two of his competition lines, one with a 90ft head and the other with a 100ft head. All the lines were excellent, they turn over more positivly than the XLT for my casting level. The rod he used in the Musto competition was also very impressive, at 17ft 9in, it felt as light in the hand as my 16ft Bruce & Walker.

·
Speyshop's Speybum
462 Posts
Great combination

Sean stopped Saturday Day at the River with his Jetstream and his Salar.

I must say the Jetstream and Salar performed every good as it did a year ago.

I watch as quite a few people tried the rod and line combination and I must say that there was little grousing about it.
I will be digging around for one for the shop and me.

Juro eat your heart out.

Aaron

:smokin:

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Consider it eaten... I can't even find any liquid water right now! And that little duck pond at Somerset Fly Show does not qualify.

Can't wait until next month at High Bridge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts