Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's three of the flies I've tied during the last few months. The loops on the blind eyes are 55 lb test mono that's been sanded and dyed with a Prismacolor marker

While they may seem fancy, they were each designed to be versatile unfussy swimmers,

Eager to hear your take on their potential

dave

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
my personal fav is the blind eye with amherst topping....I know you design these specifically for swimming, but I couldnt bring myself to tie it on to a leader....

Stunning work, as always, Dave.

Eunan

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Dave, those are amazing. Such clean, precise tying combined with amazing flow of color and material. Just beautiful.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Dave

I know this wasnt intended as such but what a great birthday present for me to wake up today and see these lovely creations..

All so distinctively you..spotless technique, proportion flow and result

thank you my friend

david

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for a great "welcome' back'. For what ever reasons, I tend to swing between this and the CFT site. One third of the time I don't participate in any forum. Both are excellent in their own ways, but what they share in common is the predictable and reassuring presence of a few members.

I've been hanging around Speypages since 05 and I'd like to personally thank 3 individuals who I consider to be 'Anchors of the Forum'. Namely GR8LAKES FLYER (Mike), Marty, and Flytyer (Russ).

Nice to be back

dave

·
Registered
879 Posts
Beautiful flies, Dave! I'm particularly fond of the first one. The colors have such a nice balance together.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thank you all for a great "welcome' back'. For what ever reasons, I tend to swing between this and the CFT site. One third of the time I don't participate in any forum. Both are excellent in their own ways, but what they share in common is the predictable and reassuring presence of a few members.

I've been hanging around Speypages since 05 and I'd like to personally thank 3 individuals who I consider to be 'Anchors of the Forum'. Namely GR8LAKES FLYER (Mike), Marty, and Flytyer (Russ).

Nice to be back

dave
Equally nice to have you back, Dave! Your ties have always been a source of inspiration for so many of us!!

I wholeheartedly agree on the 'Anchors of the Forum"! Yet, do we not need a link, a line, some attachment, to make the anchor useful?!?

You, my friend, are a chain that helps us all to stay together!!

Thank you for those outstanding ties,

-Bill

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
Dave, your work is always over the top, No one will ever come close to the way you can put feather to hook. All fly tiers end up having a style of their own, but yours will never be matched. When ever I need inspiration I pull out the two flies you gifted me. Solid work my friend.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Dave, your work is always over the top, No one will ever come close to the way you can put feather to hook. All fly tiers end up having a style of their own, but yours will never be matched. When ever I need inspiration I pull out the two flies you gifted me. Solid work my friend.
I agree with Marty!!! except the part about the 2 flies for inspiration... I have to look at 2 dimensional photos. Life is not fair. Dave, I have commented on the other site. these are all 3 stunning, but that blind eye may be my favorite of any of your flies. I really love its spirit!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all very much for your kind comments. Here's 2 more different designs for your consideration. Both use sanded 55 lb mono for the loop and while the one looks like a mixed wing, it is actually a crushed wing

Attachments

·
Waiting for the grab...
340 Posts
What he said. Your flies always have my jaw on my keyboard.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts