Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
****e that will suck if true. Email sent to our friends at T&T to see if the rumors are true...

-sean

·
Registered
869 Posts
they were open on wed of this past week. sharpe's never actualy aquired T&T. they did close the deal on abel but never completed it on T&T. that comes from an article in tackle retailer (?) and interview from the head honcho at sharpe's and lon deckard. there has been nothing but a "i heard" so far. my first thought was "what? again" as this is probably the fourth time i have heard this in the past 10 years.

·
Registered
869 Posts
acording to T&T via phone minutes ago, the shop is open, business as usual, completely unfounded rumor. thank you for calling, no, your not the only one.

this brings up the point that if you follow where this came from originaly it was complete heresay. one site blabs it and the rest go in a circle quoting eachother. classic.

·
Registered Potamophile
111 Posts
...the T&T website has been reduced to nothing but a pretty picture

thomasandthomas.com

None of the links work. It's just a static home page.

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
I was going to call out to Mass., but guess I won't now. Story I got was that Sharpes unloaded Abel and filed for bankruptcy. Also sounds like there were alot of loose ends with the Sharpes/T&T deal, but that they never took full control.

·
Registered Potamophile
111 Posts
captain obvious said:
...look at the right upper corner.:roll:
uh.
"Our new site will launch March 1. 2007"
wake up guys.
Let me spell it out for you then. T&T ain't doing any business via their website right now. Regardless of what they say on the phone, I take that as a bad sign. YMMV.

·
Registered
869 Posts
"Let me spell it out for you then. T&T ain't doing any business via their website right now. Regardless of what they say on the phone, I take that as a bad sign. YMMV."

I don't know what YMMV means but they have never done any business via their website.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Web sites often are off line when an upgraded version is being launched. Tim Rajeffs site is also down right now and I can assure you he is still in business.

If Nick called and their message says they are open for business we should beleive it.

If people are truly concerned about their future you should go out and buy a few more of their rods :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: .

Gillie

·
Registered
133 Posts
Let me spell it out for you then. T&T ain't doing any business via their website right now. Regardless of what they say on the phone, I take that as a bad sign. YMMV.

scroll down to the last posts:
http://www.winstonrods.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=735

launching a new site is a technical question.
TnT has choosen the "teaser"-method...:rolleyes:
that's all, I guess.
I wonder how fast rumours are spreading...marvelous
anyway, no offense intended

·
inglorious 2hander
1,048 Posts
scott rods did the same thing awhile back when they changed their site.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Originally Posted by NEWBIE

hey bert if you are goint to quote something i said use the proper title. that is a bit insulting or at least that's how it came off to me.

·
#&%*@^# Caster
3,058 Posts
And we just heard direct from T&T and they are still alive and kicking.

Also when quoting people please do not change the name. It is not cool and also makes it hard for people to figure out who you are quoting.

-sean

·
Registered Potamophile
111 Posts
No one really knows anything unless we can look at the books.

And we just heard direct from T&T and they are still alive and kicking.
-sean
Good. I'm glad that T&T told you that they are alive and kicking. Apparently, T&T said the same thing to the other people that called them. You and BLACK FRANCIS seem to be convinced that the company is viable, but I see other possibilities.

These are my observations.
  • T&T was sold.
  • The sale later collapsed.
  • The web site is not usable.
Here is my interpretation. Taken individually, these are manageable events. As a whole, the T&T situation is unsettling.

Many high end fly rods manufacturers are operating with a huge liability because of their unlimited lifetime warranty. The potential cost of future warranty claims goes on the debit side of a corporate valuation. This makes fly rod companies difficult to sell. For example, Sage has been on the market for several years with no takers so far.

Maybe I'm being too cynical. I don't know anything for sure. T&T is privately held and I have no way of knowing their actual financial status. But if I was responsible for due dilligence, there would be a bunch of questions.

BTW, (that's "By The Way" for you, BF) the company that bought and then un-bought T&T has issues with their website, too.

www.sharpes.net

·
Registered
352 Posts
T And T

I have a little insight to this deal and can tell you the problem lay on the other side of the pond. It blows me away how these rumors and speculation gain traction and seem to grow so fast. As for web sites that are undergoing updates I don't see how this relates to out of business. Someone could have easily phoned or emailed for information.You may have said it best when you said...I don't know anything for sure. This is a great little company with excellant products and deserves better than idle rumors.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts