Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...week one went very well, I ended up with a small travel vise that I never knew existed and a member in CA is enjoying some FINE stogies on a river...so all is well in Stogie Swap. On to week two...

As a reminder of how this started, here is the tag line for last week's first run of the Great Stogie WTT Thread...man I hope a few folks are enjoying this a little. I certainly am.

Here's the intro...

Mods gave me the ok and agreed that this could prove to be fun...so thought I'd provide members with a WTT opportunity for a 5 pack of great cigars, once a week for a handful of weeks. I have a lifetime of cigars in a several humidors in my office so I figured I'd change things up a bit and just have some fun with some of them. Trade fodder related to spey or trout fly fishing is perfect...fly tying tools or materials work too. Reels, spools...gadgets...you get the picture. I'll cover shipping of the cigars and they'll be shipped as a gift in a small USPS flat rate Priority Mail box, in a zip lock. I'm not picky...as I said, just want to have some fun. If this post works I will do another one next week. If trade value is higher than the value of the cigars...I have more. I maintain my humidors at 65/65 and many of these cigars have been resting peacefully for 2-3 years. Very enjoyable cigars...

You get the picture...this is all about old fashioned bartering and spreading the stogie love...:smokin:.

This weeks stogie swap is for one or both 5 packs of Gurkha premium smokes. There's one each of a Gurkha Beast, Gurkha Titan, Gurkha Shaggy, Gurkha Beauty and a Gurkha Crest. This 5 pack provides a taste of 5 incredible Gurkha cigars, ranging from mild to full. Having smoked each of these cigars personally...they are all WONDERFUL cigars. The trade opportunity is for one or both 5 packs. So, to clarify...WTT for cool stuff...even not so cool stuff...for a single 5 pack, a couple of them, or more cigars if we are looking at something of greater value...I have lots o cigars we can work with.

Gurkha Beast - Aged for an absolute minimum of 8 years, this dark leaf is oily and toothy, cloaking a luxurious blend of Dominican, Honduran, and Columbian long-fillers bound by a flavorful Nicaraguan leaf. The result is an array of flavor, including hints of cocoa and wood, with a smooth, sweet finish that lingers after each puff. A soothing, satisfying smoke that burns slow and cool emitting a rich, crowd-pleasing aroma. Medium to full-bodied, the Beast is waiting.

Gurkha Titan - The complex layers of rich, silky smooth flavors are derived from the vintage tobaccos utilized. A gorgeous Costa Rican maduro wrapper, cultivated in 1996, hugs a lush blend of Honduran, Dominican, and Columbian tobaccos, which has been aging in cedar for 5 years. Secured by a delicious Nicaraguan binder, these fine tobaccos are the ultimate marriage, promoting a burst of toasty, cedary flavors delivered in rich fashion that grows in intensity throughout the burn. Medium to full bodied.

Gurkha Shaggy - Bursting from within awaits 5-year old Dominican long-fillers and binder. Resting atop this aged core is an enticing chocolaty-brown 8-year old Dominican wrapper. Upon toasting the rugged foot, the binder and filler provide an insightful experience as to the taste of a cigar sans its wrapper. (Truly very unique if you have yet to experience it.) As the burn reaches the wrapper, warm smoke swarms the palate engulfing the senses as smooth notes of tobacco, oak, spice, and a hint of vanilla round out this medium-bodied treat.

Gurkha Beauty - Built for the true connoisseur, Gurkha Beauty is a sophisticated, mild-bodied cigar loaded with elegant and enjoyable flavors. Each patiently crafted cigar comes attractively packaged inside a heavy, opaque glass tube�incredible presentation, the norm for Gurkha cigars. Utilized is an ultra-rare blend of 5-year old tobaccos and a superior Connecticut-seed wrapper that might bring a tear to your eye. Beauty offers a divine smoking experience that’s deep in rich, luxurious flavors. Limited, rare and truly one-of-a-kind, the Beauty is a wonderful new addition to Gurkha’s high-profile Special-Edition series. A must-try for those enthusiasts looking to treat themselves to one of life’s finer pleasures.

Gurkha Crest - Under constant demand, the Crest easily ranks among Gurkha’s finest (and priciest) creations. To craft this masterpiece, a thick and chewy Connecticut maduro wrapper aged 9+ years conceals a vintage mixture of Cuban-seed long-fillers from Nicaragua’s top growing regions. Each smoke-filled puff yields an exceedingly rich bouquet that’s velvety smooth, delivering deep, roasted flavors throughout with softer hints of leather, oak, and toast. The finish is long, chewy, and sweet, completing a veritable work of art savored by the most critical of enthusiasts.

Again, if you like this thread please join in and have fun. If you are not a fan, please don't flame me, just shoot me a PM to let me know. This is truly about mixing things up and having a little fun, bringing smiles to winter weary faces and putting a few great cigars on rivers across the country!

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
Never been a huge Gurkha fan but those Padilla Miami's:D
YUUUUUMMMMY:razz:

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miami's

Never been a huge Gurkha fan but those Padilla Miami's:D
YUUUUUMMMMY:razz:
Yep...they don't stink! I have a pretty diverse sampling of cigars. I have a crazy travel schedule and on the rare occasion I can actually dedicate an hour plus to a cigar I like to do it with a good cigar. They provide a moment of relaxation for me in an otherwise hectic schedule...and there's just something about being on a river, whether it's trout fishing here at home or steelhead fishing somewhere, and enjoying a good cigar while I'm at it. For me it adds to the experience.

Thanks for chiming in on the thread...:smokin:

·
Administrator
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This Week's Trade is Officially Over...

Well...this week's trade is officially over. Folks are certainly having a little fun with this.

Thanks again to those playing along...have a great rest of the weekend!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts