Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Admittedly, it has been a while since I've logged in from my desktop. Most my browsing has been from a mobile device...and I always skip the enhanced view.

But what the hell happened around here? How are you guys even able to deal with this? Are there any tricks or settings I'm not aware of that make this website more palatable?

I'm actually not opposed to change and spend a decent amount of time around software development, but this is just crazy.

Can you share any tips please?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I guess if you are 12 this site looks wonderful now. This once was IMO the classiest looking flyfishing web site and has now become like every other, in your face, uninteresting a change for change sake. Why people think that a change is always neccasary and for the better is beyond me, but then again I am not 12.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's one click at lower left to change to the "SpeyPages Forum (Classic)" setting. No noticeable difference from the good old days. ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
i havent been to this site in a while. I appreciate the advise on clicking on the lower left corner to change back to classic spey pages. I hate the new look. changing things is not always better. like when someone changes a classic fly pattern. why?!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Aw C'mon Guys,

This new format may not be the "good old days," but it loads a helluva lot faster on my machines, and I still get to see all the posts (both positive and negative), so why all the fuss?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Relax guys only the colours (excuse my Canadian spelling) have changed. Site is the same and more than likely an improvement over time :D
Pierre

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,717 Posts
Imo

One of the major issues regarding this post is the ignoring the rights of the owners and confusing them with the rights of members.

As an owner they can do what they want based on their financial investment..

As a member I have no rights in regards to running the site and should be more thankful we even have a quality site

Just my two cents

Good Morning Stumpy:

As usual in this country, freedom of expression is a very important part of our rights. You do have a point, but so do others. I must say that I am also one of the members that do not like this new change to the site. I have been a member of this site for quite a few years and changes such as this could be another one of the reasons that over the years that this site has lost so many anglers with a great deal of knowledge no longer post. If I had a voice-I would also wish to return to the view of the previous site.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't mind it. I like the look and feel of the old site better but this version seems to load way faster and I'm already used to the garish colors.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Regarding rights, it's the owners who hold the high card, but not all the cards. The owners can do whatever they want with the site, including shutting it down. Presumably they want to make money from the site, and in order to do that it needs to attract members. In order to attract members, it needs to have content. And the higher the quality of the content, the more valuable is the site. Who provides the content? The members provide it through the posts we make. If we don't post, the site content and value goes down to zero. It always behooves the owners to take note of what the members like and dislike about the website.

Sg

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jes, I guess most of you are still fishing with Bamboo rods? The Honda Goldwing motorcycle board is the only one on the net that can compete with this groups never ending whining about change. Call me a 12 year old.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jes, I guess most of you are still fishing with Bamboo rods? The Honda Goldwing motorcycle board is the only one on the net that can compete with this groups never ending whining about change. Call me a 12 year old.
I just love the fact that there's a Honda Goldwing board...

·
Registered
688 Posts
A long time ago this Canadian guy had this idea and started this discussion forum regarding all things two handed. Then some Americans came along and thought it was theirs and it all went for a ****. The end... hahhaha

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Perhaps the 'master plan' is to make the forum pages garish enough so one may be more tempted to actually look at the adverts which could be "easier on the eye"....subliminal marketing strategy????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts