Registered
997 Posts
Very Nice Dunt!
bright colors and good flow

J.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
This is really good. You have come a long way fast.

If I'm being super picky, I would use a touch less dubbing (and pick out whats there a bit) and use your fingernails to shape that head a bit better then apply more cement.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
This is really good. You have come a long way fast.

If I'm being super picky, I would use a touch less dubbing (and pick out whats there a bit) and use your fingernails to shape that head a bit better then apply more cement.
Was going to say something regarding the dubbing, but the Dude beat me to it, you can try (which works for me) cut the dubbing down into at least thirds (i do more) and roll between your fingers to break it all up, then wax and roll. this will create that thinner, yet still buggy looking dub body.

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
If im not mistaken original calls for white tipped turkey. Good turkey is hard to come by these days so can't blame you...

Im not a big fan of dacron and my honest advice is to try Fireline Crystal 20lb braid! Once you try it you wont look back to dacron!

One pristine example of Dunt "variant" we have here! Serously man one of better ones out there!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you for the advice everyone.
With the dubbing should I just shred it? I am using seals fur..
With the fire line are you twisting it like gut? Or do you just tie it in as is?

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Take you a pinch of seal, cut into thirds or fourths, roll to break up clumps. I sent you a picture of the result to you pm. Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts