Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Andy! I'll put it to good use over the spring and early summer as I work on the casting video. I must confess it's been a while since I played about with a long belly double taper, but they are the classic Spey lines and they sure do roll out nicely.

·
Registered
909 Posts
dana
what kind of line is it , just a special color for your demos. and schools, I wish I had bought a DT instead of my delta long, the rod I have doesnt like to shoot line but could cast past the long deltas belly, If I had a better rod I bet I would like the line better...Nate

Ps how does one subscribe to the spey pages

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Nate!

Not sure what make of line it is. Longtime Clave member Andy Wren from the UK sent it over while we were talking about casting videos and line color on another thread. I use a yellow rod for my casting demos and a line like this should really show up against the blank and a variety of backgrounds. Haven't had a chance to spool it up yet but it should show up great on tape, too. Interesting you'd mention the Long Delta--I have some recent video of that line rolling out against a line of trees and as it is white it is very visible.

I'll send you a PM with newsletter details.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hurrah for the UK/Canadian postal services

Glad the line made it ,hope to watch the videos in the future .
Was a touch tardy getting back to the Clave ,recovering from 500mile round trip to the Teififor a weekend fishing for weee browns and learning a newish river for the sea run browns and the back end salmon .Not the most exciting fishing as very strong cold winds deterred the hatches ,but good to be out on the river single handed speying some wee spider patterns .
for those of you looking for value DTaper lines the masterline range (part of cortland ) are excellent value and seem long lasting .
Pesonally didnt like the orange colour for fishing ,just didnt look right ,whites and greens seem the best colour for true floating line work ,just my opinion and I know I am rather old fashioned .:razz:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts