Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while thinking of an upcoming trip to BC, I happened to be Looking at some items on spey casting I had printed in the year 2000 from the MSN Internatinal Spey Casting closet of a chat page. Dana was hosting it then. I had just started to try to learn the two handed rod, reading, on my own, no video, no instructor other than suggestions from the board posters there, six years ago. It is incredible to think how the level of knowledge sport has grown(or at least how freely shared it has been) and how Dana has taken this board on to new heights. It is my opinion that a wealth of information on the two-hander is available here within this board. Thanks again Dana, for the perserverance.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
+1 on Bee's post! Thank you Dana, Sean, Mr. Tip, Kush, the "hall monitor" and to all who come here and participate.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Thanks to you guys!

Dana is off in his first pursuit of salmo salar, so any response to this may be a little delayed. However, from my perspective this adventure has been quite a ride. From the first day I met Dana while we were both standing around in the Michael & Young Fly Shop, to today has been amazing. The people I have met, the opportunities that have come my way and the many, many things I've learned have made my life so much fuller! Being part of the Spey Pages Team is a an honour that I am truly grateful for - on behalf of all of us here - I say thanks to all those who participate in the Spey Pages :smokin:

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,533 Posts
I can only echo Kush's sentiments. It is a privilege to work daily with all of the Speypages team!

·
loco alto!
3,109 Posts
I am both excited and saddened over the progression this board has taken. Lots of good stuff continues to happen, and I continue to learn. Yet many of the old timers don't participate much, as if it isn't cool anymore, or just boring, or perhaps they were stung and don't need it again. Good folks who are still around on PM. It seems to be the natural progression of many web forums.

This place is still tops though, with class, and much good new blood.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Yeah so much has happened it's tough to recall it all.

·
Oh how I miss the NW
126 Posts
From a new guys point of view this is an amazing resourse. I have recieved so much help from you guys already in my short spey lifetime. Thanks everyone for everything that makes this site so wonderful.

John

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interestingly, the MSN International Spey topic of building your own two-hander line for delivering /fishing a big boy type sink tip was the very topic I had printed six years ago....notably it is also the subject of some of the most recent posts on this very board today. Lesson:the better mousetrap search is constant and perservering in serious fishers/casters. Based on that early on article I took a bunch of lines I acquired for cutting up purposes and created a line that has, apprently a lot of the sought after characteristics of the skagit lines today. Today I could just go buy a skagit line from the red shed. Then you had to roll your own. Board has really moved forward and obviously Dana is not the ONLY person responsible for its success and continuity, and the failure to mention others was not an intentional slight(Kush, Sinktip, Sean, Juro and the others who know what they contributed.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts