Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Saturday right? That means 4 more sleeps 'til I hit Wild Rose Country!

I love Alberta. It's where I got divorced (thank goodness!) then married again (thank goodness!), but more importantly, it's where I learned to fly fish! So returning to Alberta is like going home for me.

I'm looking forward to fishing the Bow with Frenchcreek and teaching two casting clinics. Hope the caddis are happening!

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Peter!

Yeah, it's God's country, a trout angler's paradise.

I hear that they haven't closed the Bear's Paw dam yet and the Bow is still running high, so I don't know how great the fishing will be the next couple of days, but if it's not happening we'll break out the 8 weights and go find some slough sharks. I think I will even take along a 7wt two-hander just in case--I'm adaptable!

Ok kids, so I've marked all the scotch bottles and counted all my beer, so don't anyone get to thinking about raiding the speypages liquor cabinet while I'm gone. :tsk_tsk: Be good and listen to your mothers and don't stay up too late now and I'll see you on Monday afternoon.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Bad News:
I checked the waters this morning, all shops report the same story. I personally checked several runs and it's a NoGo. The Bow, the Crow, the Elk, the Livingston are all "blowed out". It is raining like crazy, good for the drought that farmers are dealing with but bad for fishing. Running high, fast & dirty, even dredger gear will have a hard time since the flow will simply lift the line up. And I'll post after next week when things are supposed to return to normal! This is the first time in the last 5 years that we have had as much rain, go figure... So Pikers it will be!

Good News:
Lot's of Holy Peat Water in my cabinet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts