Spey Pages banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a windcutter body from Speybum for use as a skagit line (great service thanks). I had been using an old windcutter that was all yellow(great thin running line). I was very surprised by the diameter of the new running line. I also recently purchased a 7/8 delta and again rope for running line. My question is why are Rio and Airflow putting this stuff on short head lines? I cut the running line off the windcutter and attached it to slick shooter. I did the same with the delta except I used some old Rio running line off a damaged midspey. Now both lines cast much easier and I get better loops using some overhang. Is there some benefit I'm missing here? I find it very strange that my new Grandspey has thinner running line than a new windcutter :confused: I'm just glad that I have this site where I was able to learn how to splice so I could customize my lines!

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
I've got the same question about running lines ...... and you're right. Love the 7/8 LB Delta on the 13-6 fes. BUT the running line is like light rope. :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts