Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Grampa Fred

It works great now. What a cute puppy!

Will you let her chew on old rods and lines that you don't like any more?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Gramps Spey ... I'm not sure which was/is more expensive..

Being a real 'Grand Parent' for two teenage boys, or now with Grand Daughter "Zoe Evans." Joan's gone nuts the past two days buying 'toys, crates, etc., and etc.' for Bella.

I flinched a bit when I laid down the $450 for Poochie ... Yesterday Joan popped for $105, and today $256 .... Guess that just proves 'you can buy love.'

Other than her knibbles and "potty trips", I'm not sure the dog has actually put a foot on the floor since she joined us Friday afternoon. Suspect the only 'true difference' in getting a new puppy and a baby is one has two legs, one has four.
:devil:

Well, a 'first.' I'm typing away and the computer logs off XP. Look down and a small wet nose just pushed the 'reset button' on the computer.
:D

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris, sitting in my 'typing chair' very quitely...

Sleepy Puppy chin resting on my toes.

Life really is pretty darned good!

fae/jee/ and Saki, the cubby cat whose come to the conclusion .. Bella is NOT going away.
:smokin:

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
New Life

fred - it is interesting how "new life", be it two legged or four, can brighten up our lives. I'm glad you have a new friend.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Too true Ted ...

But if you're not paying attention: Burkinstocks are/could be just another ' chew toy.'
:hehe:

Call from Joan in the family room: "Could you get me another half glass of wine? Doggie just wanted up in my lap for a 'snuggle up.'"

One of yesterday's purchases was a book en-titled: "Labrador Retrievers for DUMMIES." A complete Hoot to read ... and even in three days 'words of wisdom.'

Guys appears to have it nailed down pretty tight.
(Typing by Fred but signed by: Darn! Do I have these two sucked in or what????)

"Bella"

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry if this is getting 'overly long...'

Just had a belly laugh.

Went into the 'family room' and Joan was sitting back in her leather recliner. Feet off to the side ... Doggie streched out, fast asleep in the foot section.

Less than three days and it's pretty obvious whose set up 'house-keeping' here.
:hehe:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Only one problem...

Fred, there is just ONE thing about labs.... they are retrievers! Unfortunately, you will have to train her NOT to bring back your flies when casting!:hehe:

Oh, yeah, for the next six months, she will have this little CHEWING problem, too ...everything in sight!

But the BEST part is they are one of the most faithful and loyal friends you will ever have!:D

BobK

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
she will have this little CHEWING problem

Roger that .... and burkinstock left on the floor can be 'fair game.'

Bella!! :tsk_tsk:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Planning the drive back to Portland from SoCal on Friday, with the questionable weather, I thought about e-mailing you to possibly have the Koran clan rest at the J&F B&B. Now that I've seen your new child, I'm really glad we didn't...

My daughter would have refused to leave the B&B after meeting Bella! :chuckle:

Olga loves animals a bunch, and thinks she wants to be a veterinarian. After she met Bella, you would have had to adopt her, too! :D

Not a good deal for you...she would have been super help with Bella's training, and more than willing standing in the river with a spey rod in hand, but you would have had to provide all the ongoing trips to basketball practices and games, which would have really cut into your fishing time!

Best wishes for a great companion.

--Bill

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very Cool!!! J. D. Jones are you paying attention?

Give Joan/me a call at home 541 482 6386 and let Joan or I know your 'ETA' on Friday. A day(s) fishing too???

River is in PREMO condition, just a bit short of fish as we're between runs. Still a lot of summer runs in the upper river, but pretty dark at this point. But still fun to throw a fly over. If it stays cold, (well, >32 at night, low 40's during the day) the snow will stay on the hills and we'll head down river and fish below Grants Pass. Know a few places that already have winter runs 'snuggled in.'

Fred/Joan/Bella/ and Saki, the chubby cat ... whose almost getting used the idea that she's "not alone anymore."

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ooooopss!!!

Fred,

I wasn't clear in my last post...

I was talking about LAST Friday! We drove from Long Beach to Redding on Friday 1/2, and Redding to Portland on Saturday 1/3, so we're home now. We were just late enough to avoid the closures on I-5, I think.

After 2 weeks of vacation to visit family, I'm really paying the price with work, Plus it's the middle of basketball season, so no fishing in the foreseeable future for me.

We're planning another possible visit to the southland in the late spring or early summer, and I'm going to figure a way to get in a morning or day of casting practice on the way there or back. Maybe then???

--Bill

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh Poop!

Already had the pillows fluffed and the BBQ menu planned.

Double Poop! But if you're a REAL GOOD BOY, and eat all your veggies at every meal, you can have a rain-check.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very good Belly Laugh!!

But eat your veggies anyway.

New 'thing' with Poochie. "Discovered" her relection in mirrors/doors.

WHOOOOOA!!! There's TWO of us!! A complete hoot.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now I understand why 'new mothers' are always 'so tired.'

Amazing to watch the Pooch, even at the end of just a week. Gained two pounds (in context, that's over 10% in body weight!)

And "she's" discovered that rolls of toilet paper are a 'pull toy.' DO YOU HAVE ANY??? idea who long a roll of TP is if stretched from one end of the up stairs to the other??

No you don't .. but Joan/I can tell you ... twice now. It's like having a 2 year old .. you start 'baby-proofing' at 6", then 12" then 24" then .. you're getting the idea.

Damn she's cute.
:>)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts