Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually yes. But not the point of the post.

Looking for some sherry for the sauce for tonights dinner in the 'booze cab.' Sherry I've got .... what I had forgotten:

Half bottle of Glen Ord;
3/4 bottle of 107 proof single cask Glenmorangie; and !
a full bottle of 16 yr old Lagavulin.

Amazing what you find when you're not looking.

(Sipping the Glenmorangie 'neet' as I type :devil: Eat your heart out Willie Gunn!):hehe:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
there Is!

or i wouldn't be HERE,,kinda makes me wonder,,about the SAUCE,you know ,they cook all sorts of meat in ALL sorts of licqer,,licker,,hickk,,liqcuer,ah, hek wit it :D

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hammer, the good news ...

I'm a darned good Chief ... not a cook, but a .. well, lets just say I know my way around a kitchen.

Early days in the CG, 'skipper' or no, at the ripe old age of 22 (one exception: the Chief PO) I was the only one on board who knew which end of a pot to grab. A galley of about 15 sq feet with a diesel stove ... God you could turn out great meals with a bit of planning.

Round and around on station off Smith Island (you PNW guys will know where this is) zip to do unless the load hailer said something had hit the fan .. not often.

2-3 knots in a circle, fishing lines over the side. ... life, for the most part was pretty darned good. We ate well.
:hehe:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
i used to be,boy ,THAT was a life time ago,at the riverside in Grants Pass ,a freinds little brother worked there,building roof trusses was dead,,winter time so, lied my way in the door,ended up the `souse' chef,,,,,,my,my,the pay wasn't good ,but,the fringed benefits ,!,well,i remember a gent would bring in chromer winter steelhead every year,think it was around the end of feb.???we'd bake em,filled with saute'd carrots onions celery,butter,serve em' on silver platters,,,,he absolutely loved the Rogue,,,had his family reunion here every year,,,that's what the fish were for,,,wonder if he ever got to retire here,well, we know the pull the ol' gal has,,heck he probably ended up a guide,that's what i remember; his wild animation,,,,gonna close out ,whatever,down south ,and ,GET TO THE,,, Rogue,,and this was when the trailblazer's wer champs,damn ,well gotta go'burnin daylight:hehe: ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts