Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another scrappy photo for you guys. I've been searching for some less seen patterns and of course I found this one on the phantoms site. I used B&G macaw body feather for the body veil since I don't have toucan. It's Tied on an altered vintage mustad.

Attachments

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
That bright yellow burst would really attract some attention!! I could have used that this morning on the Rogue, but I'd have probably hung it on the same rock as my Carron. T-11 on intermediate was knocking the hellgrammites off the rocks!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Super! Very Nice with the smooth tinsel body over a looped blind hook - Not easy to do.
I'm really glad someone recognized that! I really struggled with getting it smooth, I used braided mono for the eye and the hook was straightened (mostly) so it left me with a very tough platform. Mylar would have made it easy but who wants That?!?

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,162 Posts
Sorry amigo. I had only a few hours, and wanted to fish that old Hardy Uniqua I just bought from James Reid. What a beauty! I'm surprised you didn't hear me ripping line off! :chuckle:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the kind words guys, for being just a simple Dee I really put a lot of work into this guy! That body was rough

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Josh, it's tough to tell from the photo. I'm curious if you applied a type of finish to that hook or was it original like that ?

·
Banned
690 Posts
Dude...............!!!!!!!!!

She's streamlined that one pal...(no heroin necessary ;) know what I mean)
Also been sifting through phantoms...nice to see guys tie up these forgotten 19th C flies AND the variations.

Damned sweet that Waverly

:smokin::smokin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts