Spey Pages banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a little update on The Speypages DVD (Well, actually, there will be 2 Speypages DVDs--The Speypages DVD LE which will be free but only be available to Speypages Subscribers in 2006, and The Speypages DVD scheduled for release in the Spring of 2007.):

--pre-production is well underway and we are shooting test sequences to determine line and rod visibility.

--I have been lucky to arrange some great musicians to help us out with the soundtrack: Guitarists Ron Hjorth and Jeff Williams, and Highland piper Gerald Muirhead--watch (well, listen I guess!) for some of their work to appear on the Speypages!

--production is scheduled for July, August and September

--post production autumn and winter 2006/2007.

The DVD will be available online through Speypages.com and select retailers. We have also arranged for distribution in Japan

Special thanks to those great Speypages sponsors who are also sponsoring The Speypages DVD:

CND

The Irish Angler

Meiser Rods

Z-Boat Lodge

Looking for a reel sponsor--email me at [email protected] if you're interested!

Watch for updates!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Way To Go Dana!

I can't wait to get my hands on them thar DVD's, hopefully they will be available to the Canadian market at the same time as elsewhere.

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shot 7 hours of video at Malbaie Lodge so look for lots of that to appear in the DVD. Have already started to cut some of that down into the rough edits for The Speypages DVD LE and The Speypages DVD. Still have shooting planned in September and October then chained to the editing desk for November as I hope to have the LE version available for shipping to 2006 members in time for Christmas. We'll do some additional shooting next winter/early spring as some of our winter steelhead sequences would be tough to fake in 80 degree weather! Then, it's back to the editing desk. If all goes well the DVD will be released late next spring.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Great video

This is a very well done video. Being new to spey casting it beem great to have it as a resource to reference whne things don't seem to be working right.

Steve

·
Registered
149 Posts
Application

When shooting the new DVD, please -- in addition to showing a cast -- explain its application; why was the cast invented and what problem is it used to solve. Give us the reason to learn the cast, something most videos fail to do, and then show us some fishing with the casts and some good tips for speyfishing. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts