Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sylvester Nemes' book, Stackpole Books 1993.

New never read.

Lists on Amazon for $80+.

$55 + $5 shipping.

Dave

·
Administrator
18,338 Posts
This is a must read if you fish trout with wet flies and like to tie flies that fish with purpose !!
I can't believe you never read this book Dave .... ???

Mike

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I found this book in an antique/book store last summer in the Catskills and couldn't remember if I already had it or not. Sure enough, got home and there it was already in the book case. Sooo, I don't need 2 of them.

Anticipating just such a problem, a few years ago I listed all my fishing books (209) on my laptop. But on our eastern trip last summer I left the laptop home and took my tablet. Hmmm we've got a 4 month trip west this summer. Guess I'd better get the list into the tablet.

Anyway it's a great book in great condition and Sylvester was from Bozeman. Had the honor of meeting him at a friend's house long ago.

Swinging one of his soft hackles on a hundred year old Leonard that I finally worked up the courage to fish' in a spot on the Yellowstone where I'd been catching 10-12"ers, a 20" brown took the soft hackle. The old Leonard performed perfectly landing the fish. Spent 20 minutes reviving her.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts