Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the family host of Christmas festivities, I broke out the pressure washer, ( PW ), and cleaned off my relatively long driveway. Each time I moved the PW I had a 75’ loop of ½” pressure hose to pull back up in front of the PW to avoid crossing and tangles. Too lazy to walk down and carry it back, I tried the single spey. Insuring the hose was tight below me, I started a smooth lift w/ evenly applied energy as I pulled it around, passed the front of my body, around to form the”D” and out. Even w/ my 18” biceps, ( + or – 75% margin of error ) and an upper body like The Govana of Calliiforniia, ( same margin of error ), I achieved a disappointing 35’ prox. On the next move I tried the double. I noticed the second / return stroke of the double transferred more energy into the hose movement and without any walking I had moved 50’ prox. PW repositioned, I firmly planted my feet, rotated my torso to face the trailing loop w/ a good grasp. I pulled this time with increasing acceleration and a higher angle. There was a slight pause as the hose moved up toward me and started past me. Just as the hose started slowing down, I applied an aggressive down / return stroke, ( part double return stroke and part snap stroke ). The hose came tight to the PW manifold. No doubt an International Lawn and Garden distance record. Eat your heart out Kush. :smokin:

Holiday's Best Y'all

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Cool! :smokin: This made me consider some Xmas paraphenilia casting myself, but Sandi didn't think the tree lights would snake roll all that well! Maybe when I take the house lights down - they'd give more satisfying distance...

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
hahaha

i'll take you on!,,i been doing some wicked snake rolls with a (worthlessly soft)water hose from Wal-Mart;) the thing just folds over itself and cuts off the flow,,sending me into a tiz:saevilw:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hammer,Go fer yer guns!!

.............Hammer,I'm good for about 75' with the garden hose snake roll,however,I have a two section taper. The nozzle end is rubber,and stiffer,the next section is vinyl or something,making for a nice transfer of power. But it does get the water flowing again!!

·
loco alto!
2,993 Posts
I was switch raking oak leaves both right and left hand up this past autumn

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
hahaha

good morning!,,,nothing like waking up with a grin:smokin: ,,hope all had a merry Christmas,,(guess i better get the calipers out and build a tapered line errrr,uhm,hose ,for distance work;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts