Spey Pages banner
1 - 20 of 1094 Posts

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a thread to post pictures you feel are fishy, beautiful, artistic, or interesting. It doesn't have to be fish related so long as some water is present although I'm betting on some of you taking liberties and I encourage that always :)

We clearly have some great photographers here, have at it! There are far worse ways to spend your time than perusing this thread

Attachments

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I like this

Attachments

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
4,041 Posts
Love it

Can't wait to check in freguently

Reactions: J.James

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
4,041 Posts
Not the Biggest Fish

I ever caught but one of the best trips I was ever on

Attachments

·
flailing less
490 Posts
Oops...

Here's one that qualifies. It was taken on a section of a river that contains mostly wild (mandatory release) steelhead. This shiny little guy just missed becoming dinner after wrongly assuming he was a wild fish.

Attachments

·
flailing less
490 Posts
22 foot Tenkara

This gentleman travelled from his homeland to the Kispiox to fulfill his dream of landing his first steelhead on a Tenkara rod, which he did a few minutes before this image was captured. There was much celebration in his camp that evening...

Attachments

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great pictures all.

Love the stories behind them

Thank you for sharing. I know you all have much more in your inventory so feel free to post more than once

This one still thrills me

Attachments

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
The swing-shot!

Mike

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Closing The Season

I'm no great photographer...that's for sure, but as the changing leaves will show it is later in the season on one of my favorite Pennsylvania spring creeks. The fish were only a little cooperative, but as I read somewhere -- All fishing is good fishing...when you catch fish it's great fishing.

Cheers,
George

·
Registered
331 Posts
Couldn't limit myself to just one, not because I'm a great photographer, but because the photos mean a lot to me.

I've spent a lot of time in far northern Quebec. I always love the scene out the window when flying into camp:

During many visits over the span of 10 years, I got up close to lots (like tens of thousands) of migrating caribou. When I first started going north, the George river herd consisted of almost a million animals. The year I shot this, the herd was down to ~200 thousand head. This year, there's less then 10 thousand animals left, and there's a possibility that the herd might go extinct.

On one of my favourite rivers up there (the Whale), there's an epic mid-July caddis hatch. During that hatch, at the outlet of the lake that the camp is situated on, we're swinging and skittering big bushy caddis patterns and hooking big lake trout by the dozen per hour. Nothing like the limp fight of more southern lake trout - these are hot, strong river fish with weights sometimes exceeding 20lbs.

1 - 20 of 1094 Posts