Spey Pages banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"The shape may be obtained by tying the hooks back to back, the top one to be tied about quarter way down the shank of the end one, and gut tied tightly on each, (twisted gut of course when you form a loop)." William Blacker.
Firstly, I have done the hooks for The Palmer fly № 7 (variant), have japaned and ready for tying.
Secondory, I have been trying to understand recommendation of Blacker.
Then I had prepared mohair and pig wool, and tying in the hand as I have understand the Palmer fly according this pattern.
Of course I don't find old style feathers for hackle in colour as blue dun with yellowish tip of barbs, and there are subtitute.
Nevetheless,The Palmer fly № 7 (variant) for your's opinion and remarks, Cheers, gentlemen!
Scaled reptile Terrestrial animal Reptile Font Art
Flower Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Flowering plant
Plant Feather Close-up Invertebrate Fashion accessory
Plant Insect Arthropod Tree Pest

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
"The shape may be obtained by tying the hooks back to back, the top one to be tied about quarter way down the shank of the end one, and gut tied tightly on each, (twisted gut of course when you form a loop)." William Blacker.
Firstly, I have done the hooks for The Palmer fly № 7 (variant), have japaned and ready for tying.
Secondory, I have been trying to understand recommendation of Blacker.
Then I had prepared mohair and pig wool, and tying in the hand as I have understand the Palmer fly according this pattern.
Of course I don't find old style feathers for hackle in colour as blue dun with yellowish tip of barbs, and there are subtitute.
Nevetheless,The Palmer fly № 7 (variant) for your's opinion and remarks, Cheers, gentlemen!
View attachment 385292 View attachment 385293 View attachment 385294 View attachment 385295
Always a pleasure Aleksandr...you never fail to impress!!
Cheers,
George
PS - I think I owe you an email

1 - 13 of 13 Posts