Spey Pages banner

The Natural - A Bivisibomber variant

2K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  808steelheader 
#1 ·
Sometimes, steelhead may be in the mood for the Natural look so my tinkering led to this somber colored variation of my bivisi-bomber. Hoping folks are having fun raising steelhead to the surface.

Todd
Insect Pollinator Arthropod Plant Pest

See less See more
#2 ·
Sometimes, steelhead may be in the mood for the Natural look so my tinkering led to this somber colored variation of my bivisi-bomber. Hoping folks are having fun raising steelhead to the surface.

Todd View attachment 401648
That one ticks all my boxes well done Todd

Reactions: GR8LAKES FLYER
#20 · (Edited)
The water is warm (wearing shorts in the river), so I am hunting smallmouth. I pulled this nice (for my water) smallie this morning with one of Todd's Grinch.

Gesture Terrestrial plant Finger Thumb Grass

As some may recall, I avoid taking the fish out of water, rarely do hero shots and if possible release by holding the hook. Sometimes I have to "lip" the fish.

I had one this morning, I had to use the foreceps.

The water was warm, there were some huge bull-frogs, the common loons were in the soft water below, the small young smallmouth (5" at best) were hitting the small mayflies on the surface, as the purple martins where eating as much as they can.

As I need to work on my double-haul, I was using a SH on the river.

#23 · (Edited)
The water is warm (wearing shorts in the river), so I am hunting smallmouth. I pulled this nice (for my water) smallie this morning with one of Todd's Grinch.

View attachment 404072

As some may recall, I avoid taking the fish out of water, rarely do hero shots and if possible release by holding the hook. Sometimes I have to "lip" the fish.

I had one this morning, I had to use the foreceps.

The water was warm, there were some huge bull-frogs, the common loons were in the software below, the small young smallmouth (5" at best) were hitting the small mayflies on the surface, as the purple martins where eating as much as they can.

As I need to work on my double-haul, I was using a SH.
Cool David, great to hear that my flies work on Smallmouth.

Someday, I hope to hear reports from Atlantic Salmon anglers as to whether my flies work on salar as well.

Todd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.