Spey Pages banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first and foremost i have to apologize for not posting in quite some time. i have been out and about , doing the summer thing with the family, and avoiding the river at all costs due to the sockeye clownshow.
so here are a few that i have tied here and there during my hiatus.

hope you enjoy them as much as i enjoyed tying them.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you get some new JC? i love that orange married wing top left!
no... i have 2 capes, the first one is a little paler than the second, and pretty picked through. the last one i picked up had some nice color in the church window.;) the one on the left is the old cape and the fly on the right is last years.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the kind words boys. i am going to have to get cracking on my coho patterns soon too. if any of you fellas have any go to's i would love to tie a few. i need a secret weapon :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Just yesterday I was wondering where you've been, I even thought about sending a PM. I'm glad to see you back and know all is well...

As far as the flies go... I am not quite sure what changes you made within yourself but it SERIOUSLY shows in your work, you could match any one of these up to anything else you've ever posted and I will pick the one from this batch. Great work!! You really took the advice everyone gave and ran with it! I'd have a hard time picking just one!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I agree, real nice work here. This batch of flies are the nicest looking ones I think I've seen you put up. Love the green butts and the orange married wing. Nice work for sure !

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Just yesterday I was wondering where you've been, I even thought about sending a PM. I'm glad to see you back and know all is well...

As far as the flies go... I am not quite sure what changes you made within yourself but it SERIOUSLY shows in your work, you could match any one of these up to anything else you've ever posted and I will pick the one from this batch. Great work!! You really took the advice everyone gave and ran with it! I'd have a hard time picking just one!
what he said. agreed, this looks like you, but a refined you. great set, tight lines

1 - 11 of 11 Posts