Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Bill Archuleta (Archuleta's Reel Works) in Grants Pass, OR will probably have the screw. (888) 332-7335 or (541) 956-1691

·
Registered
96 Posts
What for???

Hey Pescaphile are you a "Southpaw" ? Only people who wind there reels backwards need that screw. But keep in mind if you remove it (the screw) it will change the balance of your rod to reel weight distribution and balance:devil: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to have to make a decision pretty darn quick about coming up to join you guys for a bit of time I promise I will hash it out today. Looks like a serious lack of water, any hopes of rain recruitment? I guess I need to call Jack in Yakutat and get his personal best forecast. Those were sure handy when I was planning for my "Offshore bussiness trips"
Howdy to the other local yokel see you soon.:)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Moonlight- You're right of course about not needing this screw to keep the spool in place and not having that screw wont keep me from using it. But oh the balance!!! Indeed, after being perplexed yesterday at my normally poor casting degenerating to dreadful, I adjusted my grip by 3mm and Viola! balanced again! And back to my normal poor casting. I KNEW it had to be an equipment problem.

There's always hope when it comes to fishing! I'll pass on your howdy to that other yokel; better yet, cash in a few more air miles and do so in person (soon!) ;)!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Answer your Email account...

Hokahay, I am trying to get in touch to tell you that I will be there on Tuesday I arrive KTN at 0900 will deal with the shuttle to the "Outer Islands" as needed. I will give you my screws so you will be able to fish correctly once again.:hehe:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts