Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to fill everyone in...

Occasionally thru the history of the site there are times that try mens souls... our current server problems are bringing us into one of those times again. The staff behind the curtain takes no pay for running the site and although the satisfaction is priceless, when running it becomes a graveyard shift second job it's time to recognize the efforts of the superstar who stands guard, our webmaster Sean.

The sponsor's and auction participants efforts have been a Godsend to our ability to provide higher end server architecture, but things can arise in software that bring even a dedicated server into troubled waters and we should all know and appreciate the effort that Sean is putting into resolving these.

Upon the foundation of Dana's dedication to all things spey coming together with my love of building online flyfishing communities it's Sean's tireless will to help and his technical acumen that has carried us this far.

In the wee hours of the morning it's Sean's effort that has kept us from having to lock down the site last night (this morning) and the battle is far from over.

I just wanted to say that we all owe an awful lot to Sean for his contributions over the years and when the going gets tough we all can thank him for getting tough on all of our behalf.

Not everyone could, or would put in the kind of heavy lifting that he has for us, please take a moment to recognize his efforts.

Sean, you are truly "da man".

·
Registered
933 Posts
I thoroughly enjoy my visits to the site. I am sure a great deal of that enjoyment is due to the ease of access to all the excellent content the site has to offer. Sean, thanks for making the use of this site so easy.

Best wishes for a Happy Holday Season.

CK

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks Sean!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Let's not forget also that there is now a Great Woman in the shadows of DA Man and little Sean Jr is also pulling.
Thank's for all that you do, you know, all that mystical stuff without which we no longer exist, and that the vast majority of us just don't understand. Be assured that you and your efforts and personal sacrifices (now also those of a family) are not taken for granted.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Sean, you are appreciated.

Sean, many many thanks for keeping us up and running. Chasing down gremlin electrons is tough duty, real tough, and we appreciate you and your efforts.

Very best holiday wishes to you and your family.

·
SRO Direct Dealer
578 Posts
THANKS Sean

We all appreciate the time and effort you put in in keeping this site up and running. This site is by far my source of information for things spey on the web.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to ALL.

Rich

·
just one more cast...
163 Posts
Many Thanks!

Sean-
hey this board works better than my car, my computers, and my knees! I think most fishermen ( 'specially us geezers) are used to 'problems', and have the patience to outlive 'em.

I dare say most of us feel blessed to be part of this great board, the "bestest" on the net, and thank you for your great work keeping 'er rolling!

Best Holiday Cheer!

macspey aka john

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Sean, Dana ... and everyone involved in this site. I'm new to spey fishing. The passion (i really mean obsession) of the people at this site keeps the juices flowing while i wait for the spring thaw to test out the new-to-me spey outfit i ebayed on an unnamed tributary of the Copper River in southcentral AK. At 11:00 AM in the morning, when it's still dark and -23 degrees ... and still dropping ... this web site is the closest i can come to casting a line.

Unless someone has experience on spey icefishing !

·
Registered
62 Posts
many thanks to sean

the information shared on this site is unbelievable.it is the best!!many thanks to sean and the others running the site.merry christmas to all.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Thanks

It is a little like having kids. You can think about it, read about it, watch TV and still you do not understand until you have your own. Most of us do not understand all you do, but we do appreciate the board and your efforts that make it possible.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sean,Dana,and Yuro
Thanks for all the hard work on this site. It is appreciated by all. The information here is the best on the web, and this site is one of the best operating sites I have ever visited.

Happy Holidays

Skilly

·
fly on little wing
1,099 Posts
yo sean

thanks bunches. i think of the IT guy from saturday night live when i hear about the heriocs of you server upkeep guys. great stuff. keep up the excellent work. i personally thank you.

gary

P.S. I'll send you some GL flies. PM me your address.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Yo Sean...

Yes, "Nick Burns" would be proud.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts