Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Inland (William Olsen) sent me his 7137-3 burkie ..SIGH!!! Joan's first comment when the box came in the door is "what are you going to sell?"

Women, as great as they may be, just don't understand!! Touch of 'grass casting' after work .... had neighbors out on their back decks watching the line zing!

Looking forward to playing with lines on this rod! Not too mention something 'hefty' firmly attached to the other end.

Happy Camper fae

forgot to add a post script: Mail guy delivered the box to the wrong house. Neighbor took a good guess as to what was in the box and (told Joan) 'I think this belongs to Sheba..'

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey, Fred!

Good for you! Remember the old saying, "He who has the most toys WINS"!

(Oh, by the way, a good comeback for Joan when she asked you about selling something, would mention to her that "Well, I love you too much to part with you!"

That would keep her "on her toes"!

BobK:D

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Comment

Bob - don't even suggest it!!! That is just the sort of comment to Joan that starts a little "intense fellowship." Most of us do enough of that without additional help.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Joan's first comment when the box came in the door is "what are you going to sell?"
It looks to me like you already sold it. Your soul to the devil, that is.:devil:

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair question Sing. First thought would be

my 'brownie' Sage 7136-4. Excellent rod, in very good condition (well, when you have 4 rods rated at 7 or 7-8, some one doesn't get much attention.

Price would be very reasonable as I would want 'baby' to go to some one who would really use the rod. Good condition, or no, it's had a lot of summer run steelhead bending it. '

Only reason this is not my primary 7wt is I purchased a custom 7136-4 'greenie' and I prefer the slightly stiffer action for long casting work. For 'medium-short range' work this was not a good choice; the 'brownie' was a much better config for short range, out ot 70' (e. g. smaller stream fishing. Purchased the rod for fishing the Russian River in Nor. Cal; perfect for the river for lower stream flow.

The Rogue requires a longer throwing rod for most occations.

If interested, give me a PM. It won't cost you an 'arm and a leg' to get that second Spey. Besides, we know what a new Baby costs. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
new toy!

Fred,

Now that you have all the Spey rods made, when are you going to post "Your" Line recommendations:hehe:

The above post was meant to be humorous and I hope it was received that way. I was envisioning a Simon like chart with all the lines and rods together. Thats what happens when your doing this stuff at work.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guy! Looking forward to seeing you at the

Charity Clinic Reunion.

Problem with all the rods is what works for me (or for you). Pain in the a.. to be an 'average, well a touch above and that's more credit than credits due ... caster.

It really is amazing the number of lines available and what will/won't work with a given rod. William's comment about using a 9wt DT on the 7137-3 stopped me cold. That would have been a line I wouldn't have considered ... even though I have one.

Was "looking" for 'x' this evening and found 'y,' 'z,' back to probably a and b. Amazing what you "collect" and forget about in the way of lines, reels, etc.

Playing "hookie" for awhile tomorrow to try three lines on the new rods. Bless cell phones for something.

fae

See you in a few!!!
:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts