Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't tied much since work really picked up. Have a little show demo next weekend so I'm trying to fill out some display flies, short gutted...

Go BIG or go home!

4/0 WM B&S +3/4"

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Good stuff man. Great work.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You did an amazing job making this pattern fit this iron, just in general you do a great job elongating a pattern to fit the irons you prefer... Honestly this is one of my favorite rangers I've seen since I'm partial to the "long and low" speyish look of anything. Great job!

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
booyah, you hit it on the head bro, Im trying to find an iron that is this long 2-3x heavy with a 10/0 gap. this was just damn fun, Ive never tied this before and thought it was going to be very tough to top this beast, luckily i had 1 topping long enough,

·
Registered
107 Posts
awsome tie as always

Looking forward to seeing you tie at Bob Marriot's 11/22-11/23

@2700 W Orangethorpe Ave, Fullerton, CA 92833
(714) 525-1827

It will be great to watch you at work i am sure i will learn a lot

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awsome tie as always

Looking forward to seeing you tie at Bob Marriot's 11/22-11/23

@2700 W Orangethorpe Ave, Fullerton, CA 92833
(714) 525-1827

It will be great to watch you at work i am sure i will learn a lot
I will only be tying on Sunday buddy, the shop asked if I could do Saturday, bit when I spoke with my bride she gave me the look! Hahaha
Looking forward to being there.

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice, Kelson version with no outer JC!
Sweet Ranger, awesome job buddy !
Eunan, thanks bud, not like your double i saw a month or so ago, saw in up on cotinga again this afternoon, what a gem!

Matt, Thank you for the words, its weird that this one didn't get more critique...

·
Knee Deep
1,249 Posts
That is an amazing piece of tying!!! I have a new appreciation for this fly, after recently tying one. Very, very beautiful fly!

Tony

·
Matt Arciaga
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is an amazing piece of tying!!! I have a new appreciation for this fly, after recently tying one. Very, very beautiful fly!

Tony
It sure was a bit harder than I expected, the tippets were very hard to select at this length, its a 4/0 WM B&S +3/4" long shank, Ronn Lucas hook so even the top crest was hard to find at this length...

Fun stuff!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts