Spey Pages banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't believe I have tied a fly this month so I did this. Seeing the word 'Purple' on these threads had something to do with the color choice I suppose. Interesting that the purple silk fore rib is identical to the other materials but does not look it in a picture. I have no idea what that big tippet underwing will do when wet but it looked OK while I was doing it.

Speaking of which have you ever read through "What Fish See' by Colin J. Kageyama? Trust me, it's a real eye opener :)

·
That Guy in PEI.....
1,945 Posts
Very nice!!!!!!

Beautiful fly Ard!!!
Creative,, stylish and fishy.....I totally dig it:smokin:
Salmon Chaser

·
Registered
744 Posts
Dang Ard that's smokin' hot!

·
Forever Learning
1,667 Posts
That's a too sexy lady, Ard, excellent tie!!

·
Registered
557 Posts
I thought that book was a very good but sometimes dry read. And I totally
agree with you it is a eye opener for sure.

Ps. Sweet tie

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
That fly is killer, and no worries on the tippet, it will fish just fine.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Speaking of which have you ever read through "What Fish See' by Colin J. Kageyama? Trust me, it's a real eye opener :)

C'mon Ard, give us the bottom line! What was the eye opener? How will what you read influence what you tie and how you fish?

Nice fly, too! I'd sure use it on the rivers I fish.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Geez Fellas!

Wow! :Eyecrazy:

I musta done something right on that! :) I would name everyone and make the thank yous more personal but this is gonna be a group hug! Thank you all for your endorsements on that fly.

And yes, that book was a dry read but interesting information no doubt. What got me remembering it was the way the silk looked different on the picture than with the naked eye.

Thanks again everyone,

Ard

1 - 14 of 14 Posts