·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any time on the river any more I can find something beautiful. It wasn't always that way. I used to keep my head so down fishing hard that I forgot to look around. Each season brings something different Grays, Greens, Oranges, Yellow, etc. I look forward to them all any more as that means I am out and feeding my soul.

JJ
http://cabinoneblog.wordpress.com/

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,130 Posts
When I was younger, I didn't have a good day out unless I brought back a bunch of quail, squirrels, ducks, or fish. Now, while I'll not deny the rush of the grab, it's really about being there - listening to the sounds, smelling the subtle nuances of the water and woods, and being alert to the movements around me.

Not long ago, a friend of mine lost her husband. Having difficulty coping with her grief, I told her it was time to go to church. She asked "what do you mean"? I said "I'll pick you up in the morning". I rowed her down the Rogue about 12 miles. Hardly a word passed between us. We just drank in the sounds and sights. Loading the boat, she said that was the most soul-satisfying, therapeutic, healing mornings she's ever had.

The river, no matter the color, is an amazing place, for sure!

Thanks for your pictures!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts