Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Clearwater Open distance casting competition was held on Sunday after the Clearwater Spey Clave. There were 11 casters and a few spectators.

Everyone that attended told me they had a great time. There was a very strong downstream wind that certainly wasn't helpful to anyone.

The scoring was 4 casts off of each shoulder with the best casts from each side being added for the total. Medals were awarded for the first 3 places.

In the men's division the scores were as follows:
1. Greg Bencivenga-rt side=150'--lft side=150'--total=300'

2. Gene Oswald-rt side=160'--lft side=130'--total=290'

3. Bruce Kruk-rt side=150'--lft side=130'--total=280'

4. Leroy Teeple-rt side=120'--lft side=115'--total=235'

5. Joe Fitzpatrick-rt side=120'--lft side=110'--total=230'

women's division
1. Whitney Gould-rt side=120'--lft side=120'--total=240'

wannabe division
1. Michael Bantom-rt side=100'--lft side=90'--total=190'

2. Nathaniel Skousen-rt side=90'--lft side=85'--total=175'

3. Kevin Brovetto-rt side=95'--lft side=70'--total=165'

youth division
1. Josh Wheeler-rt side=75'--lft side=75'--total=150'

BIG DOGS-Casting for Cookies, unlimited rod length. 4 casts, the longest counts.
1. Greg Bencivenga-155'

2. Gene Oswald-150'

3. Bruce Kruk-145'

4. William Olsen-140'

5. Whitney Gould-140'

6. Michael Bantom-120'

·
Registered
913 Posts
Congrats

Strong work Greg!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Poppy,

The wind didn't help me at all....:hihi:

I had a blast and considering this was the first time I casted left handed, It definatetly boosted my confidence!!!

Thanks for a great clave and a great time!!

LD

"AKA" Joe Fitzpatrick

·
Registered
276 Posts
Thanks Poppy and Linda for a great time. It was a lot of fun, I had a blast. Also thanks to Mike Parsons for helping out so much. We missed you on Tuesday Mike.

Great friends and steelhead - it doesn't get any better than that.

Gene

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Congrats to all at the Cascadia Spey Casting Circuit's second event. I am sorry that I could not make it over there, but other events got in the way (next year :lildevl:). Greg - Mr. Consistency does it again - well done! In addition to the "regulars" it is good to see some new names involved with the distance stuff - good stuff Poppy.

I guess the next stop on the Circuit will be in Monroe at Aaron's shindig. Depending on a certain river I may or may not be at that one. Either way I know I will seeing some of you - cheers dudes.

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
Thanks to the RedShed family for putting on a great event-can't wait to get back.
It was a nice course and plenty challenging with the wind.
The cookies were so big I got a suger headache:saevilw: .

now for some smack talking-Did you here that Jet Boat Gene hit 160:eek: -yet he still couldn't win:devil: :razz:

YEEEHAAWWW.

Also thanks to Mr.helpfull aka Cookie Monster,hope you fell better and catch lots of fish,I'll call you when I head back.

·
BULL DOG!!!!
1,831 Posts
Hey did you hear about the guy who hit 160??????:D
Awsome time loads of fun and a great place to test the water in comp casting.
Little spey for steel forgot to mention who won the fly-o-rama:saeek:
Hey Gene, I found the same spot as you on the river today:eek:
Thanks Poppy and Linda!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
160....Gene Gene the casting machine:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: .....That's alot of String ....LOL Great to have met you Gene....Best trip yet when you fish with friends.

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
160? 160? 160? I thought that's how much it cost to feed him breakfast.:eek:

C

·
0 Posts
160 feet is 53 yards!!!

Wow 160 is 53 yards. That is impressive as all hell. Alexander Grant is smiling down.....

Ken Campbell
Bigfork, Montana

·
Member FRSCA
2,264 Posts
Great pics guys.

We just had our first cast off (that I know of{The Doug Taylor Invitational}) in the Western GL region over the weekend. Scary as hell to get out there in the water with all eyes on me, but it was a blast egging each other on. Looking forward to the next installment in November.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Now here is a shot of a true Redneck Billy Bob for sure......>LOL :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Greg showing off his 1st Place medal and just goofing around.

All he needed here was a few missing teeth and he would really fit the bill......

Nice casting Greg, you are a treat to watch.

Fun fishing with you and Gene, I can't remember having a better time and more laughs in my life.

Just remember........160 !!!!!!

Attachments

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Doug Taylor Invitational
Jamey, nice name for that casting event. I like it!

·
Degenerate caster
1,180 Posts
yeeehaawww

I fairness to Kaptain Kruk and maliciousness to Jet Boat Gene(he's sooo nice you almost gotta hate him)after steaks and cold ones we had a unofficial switch rod competition-1 kruky poo 2 the Champ and third Mr. nice guy-
I think next year it should be included in next years Red Shed extravaganza.
We were using the original switch rod and a custom shooting head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks to the RedShed family for putting on a great event-can't wait to get back.
It was a nice course and plenty challenging with the wind.
The cookies were so big I got a suger headache:saevilw: .

now for some smack talking-Did you here that Jet Boat Gene hit 160:eek: -yet he still couldn't win:devil: :razz:

YEEEHAAWWW.

Also thanks to Mr.helpfull aka Cookie Monster,hope you fell better and catch lots of fish,I'll call you when I head back.
Hi!

Found this page when family googled for Greg Bencivenga. I am his cousin Hope and we are trying to get in touch with him. Auntie B and Sandy and I have been trying to get back in touch with you and your brothers and sister but have not had any luck. Hoping someone will see this and let Greg know we are looking for him!

Thanks so much!

Hope

1 - 20 of 31 Posts