Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I worked at a fly shop the owners had a lawyer friend that had a trade show and wanted some thing special to hand out. He was thinking about a fly in his logo colors on a business card. Blue, black, orange and gold. This was what I came up with and he loved it, the caveat need 250 in two weeks:Eyecrazy:. OH holly SHEETS BAT MAN !! Ok head down and eyes crossed I made the dead line though some wings looked a little bad(was a strugle material wise for that many). Needed glasses after that haha. So here it is the card fly, ya his company was CRD haha

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Time out.... Did you say 250 in two weeks??

Great fly but my god that's an undertaking!! I would think about a dubbed or wool body to speed things up.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was several yrs ago. I tie with a Nore Vise so the body takes seconds with the spool in a bobbin. I did it in a two step process, all the bodies then the wings. Ya it looks great with a seal body!! And the steel approve!!!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
oops,read it wrong. Maybe one of these days ill try spinning my nor vise. ive had it since i started tying and the only time i spin it is when i make a mistake and have to pull a bunch of thread off... this is a very fishy looking fly, thanks for sharing

·
Administrator
19,122 Posts
Very fishy fly !!
I don't think I can tie 250 of any fly, it would become way to monotonous !!

Mike

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya it killed me for a while could not not see strait for weeks haha. I usually only tie 1 or 2 of any patern now days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts