Spey Pages banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was brutal, I was supposed to go beach fishing but my old buddy, my 14 year old mutt Bogey was not doing good. I spent most of the night up outside with him as he wouldn't come in and go to bed...this morning I knew he wasn't good and called the emergency vet and took him in....He had a good run and lived a good life but i will miss him for a long time...
Coming back from days fishing he'd always be there to welcome me home with his whole back end moving and a happy bark....I'm sure this also had to do with the odd Timbit that made it's way home for him to...

I got home after putting him down and tied this fly as a tribute to him...I think i'll tie a few and fish them in just over a week when our rivers open..Funny how you resort to something like this when your really down..and it seems to help a little.

My greatly missed best buddy Bogey fly!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your loss but its good to hear he had such a good life. Cherish the memories and fish the Crap out of that fly!!! It will certainly find a taker!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
That's a tough day! Sorry for your loss, you will have a companion watching over you side stream side from here on out!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Great tribute and great fly, swing that with confidence as it will get chewed. Sorry for you lose dogs are a special love.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend.

·
Registered
417 Posts
This one is really tough. I lost my best friend 3 years ago, an Australian shepherd also named Bogey. My heart goes out to you my friend. Rob

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I've walked that walked to the vet 4 times in the past 20 or so years, with another on the horizon. I will tell you that it never gets easier, but with time, the hard part fades and the memories blossom. The fly is a lovely tribute; fish the hell out of it, but tie another for the mantel.
Gary

·
Registered
124 Posts
Bandit has been gone for coming up on 6 years and Ozziedog has been gone for 3 months and I still miss both of them every day. Losing a pup, even if they aren't really a puppy anymore, always sucks. Those furry friends certainly have a way of grabbing hold of a big piece of your heart. Sorry to hear that you had to take that terrible walk into the vet's office.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts