Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P3164413.jpg P3164414.jpg
a variation here. Haven't raised a thing to it as of yet but like the Lady Caroline - this pattern screams "Fish-food!" at me...

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Near and dear to my heart !! Really exceptional @ several levels

No intent to diminish my opinion but you might consider better protecting the exposed mainstem of your throat hackle.

dave

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Absolutely amazing! Love your take on natural tones! I have to stop following patterns...

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,306 Posts
I like that a lot, if it hasn't caught a fish yet that's because you just haven't gotten it in the right spot. Great looking fly,

Ard

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you gentlemen.

Dave, I see what point out: A few wraps of thread directly over the stem of the collar-feather for added support. What shows up like stem are the thread wraps of thread binding the collar down back. It took only a dab of Kelson's formula to secure the wing-butts and because the stuff penetrates ( read "runs") so well I didn't chance having it bleed into the roofing. White thread because each wrap shows up so well I can count for each turn and lay it down so as to minimize bulk. Black will definitely blend in better.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
WOW SIMPLY STUNNING!! That's a killer for sure, nicely tied !!! Might have to copy that one.

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
Question about the summer duck tail... do you match left/right or just fold before you tie it in?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have a very soft spot for earthy "natural" colours on a sleek spey fly, and this fly is for me very stylish. Such nice work ;-)

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
More I look at it more I want to tie it... this would absolutely kill in one of my rivers in fall... i will give this a shot for sure! Material list? :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts