Spey Pages banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for a few days over the Thanksgiving weekend.
Spent the first day fishing in a downpour, with only a bass and one good pull to show for it.
Second day, battled a bit of on-and-off rain and high water all day, but it all came together after putting a light tip on (I had been using a dry line). Got these two within a half hour of each other.
First fish was everything an early run wild fish on this river provides; long rips of line, and several aerials far out of the water. Amazing fight. The second is a beautiful specimen, although smaller.
Sorry the pics aren’t the best, and with the high water, it was difficult getting pics IN the water while all by myself. Both fish were released within seconds and swam away strongly.
Packed it in after the second fish, as it was a good day, and enjoyed a few dry hours around a campfire.
I love fall in Ontario.
Plant Fish Food Wood Grass
Plant Fawn Fish Grass Tail
Plant Aluminum can Drinkware Tin Tin can

·
Registered
Winston Trout Rods, Sage and Burkie Steelhead Rods, Abel, Orvis, Tibor and Islander reels.
205 Posts
Spent the first day fishing in a downpour, with only a bass and one good pull to show for it.
Second day, battled a bit of on-and-off rain and high water all day, but it all came together after putting a light tip on (I had been using a dry line). Got these two within a half hour of each other.
First fish was everything an early run wild fish on this river provides; long rips of line, and several aerials far out of the water. Amazing fight. The second is a beautiful specimen, although smaller.
Sorry the pics aren’t the best, and with the high water, it was difficult getting pics IN the water while all by myself. Both fish were released within seconds and swam away strongly.
Packed it in after the second fish, as it was a good day, and enjoyed a few dry hours around a campfire.
I love fall in Ontario. View attachment 386813 View attachment 386814 View attachment 386815
With all due respect a Canadian/en drinking PBR??

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
2,685 Posts
I love fall in Ontario. View attachment 386813 View attachment 386814 View attachment 386815
Fantastic. Sorry I couldn't make it out to share it with you. Well done. Hopefully next time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts