Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a line here quite a while ago as a backup for beach fishing. What it was supposed to be was an outbound 7wt with little to no use. I took it out and went to line it up the other day for some beach fishing only to find out it was what looked like an Airflo 40+ extreme distance. It was a grey and yellow ridged head, running line was missing. The reason I'm posting is for people to please check what you are selling or shipping prior to selling it! The money is one thing, finding out you have 1/4 of a line when you hit the beach is a PITA. I would have pm'd the seller but I just wiped my inbox recently. Thanks for listening to my rant. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wrong line

That sucks Coastrider, too bad you cleaned your inbox. I had a similar experience yesterday. Only thing was it was a brand new line from a local flyshop. Spooled wrong. Supposed to be an intermediate Outbound, turns out to be a ' Saltwater' Outbound Coldwater line. The running line definitely floats. Have yet to bring it back, but I've had it for 6 months plus.

Hopefully the person you got it from will see this and have a resolution for the error.

Cheers,

Jan

·
Banned
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, my sent messages don't ever get saved for some reason. As for the paypal, I've bought so much that I'd have troubles even remembering when and who. Like I said,I posted this more or less for people to become aware of these problems. I have purchased probably a dozen lines over the last several months so it's hard to keep track. No biggie I guess, all the good transactions more than make up for it. Needless to say I'm now going line shopping😆

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
coastrider

when you send a PM, below where you send the message there will be a list of boxes to check. One of them boxes will have for you to check to save your PM to your sent folder.....that is why they are not showing

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yep! Just got a Farlow from a member and he said it was tight with no wobbles. Cleaned it all up and found grease was holding it together, sloppy! So I called Archuleta and he said $85 to rebush it. Ouch!!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yep! Just got a Farlow from a member and he said it was tight with no wobbles. Cleaned it all up and found grease was holding it together, sloppy! So I called Archuleta and he said $85 to rebush it...Ouch!! I have always been one to give a honest statement about stuff I put up for sale, wish everyone was!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts